Sunday, August 30, 2015

Greg's Birthday

I'm so far behind on blogging. I uploaded pictures for several posts, but then never got the chance to write them. I'm going to just publish those now before any more time passes and I forget even more details. I want to blog about the boys birthday, birthday party, first day of school, etc before I forget the details.

On Greg's birthday, he got off early and went out for lunch and drinks with everybody from his office. While he was hanging out with co-workers, the boys and I went over to a friend's house for a play date. My friend has two girls, so everything was princesses and pink and it was so fun! The boys loved playing with toys they don't have at home.

There were 7 kids total and I never got a picture of all of them together, but they had the best time.

They went outside to run around in the sprinklers, jump on the trampoline and then have freezer pops.

This baby toy, where you put the balls in and it blows them up in the air, is the boys FAVORITE toy of all time. Every person I know owns something like this and the boys will play with it the entire time we are at somebody's house. I never bought them one, so they still think it's the best thing ever.

After our playdate, we met up with Greg for dinner at Mellow Mushroom. It was Friday and we always have pizza and movie night on Fridays. The boys were happy to give up watching a movie that night to go to a restaurant and then have cupcakes for dessert.

The boys stayed very busy with their kids menu and crayons.

Greg and I decided to try some  new pizzas. We got the boys their standard cheese pizza, but for me and Greg, we got half a buffalo chicken and half a bayou bleu pizza. The Bayou blue was so amazing, it had andouille sausage, shrimp and a blue cheese base instead of pizza sauce. It was so good, it was probably the best pizza I've ever tried. I loved how different it was.

I didn't get any pictures of the rest of the evening, like the boys singing to Greg, but we had a nice, low key night--which is exactly what Greg wanted.

No comments :

Post a Comment