Thursday, March 5, 2015

Home Depot Kids Workshop

Back in November or December, I discovered the Home Depot Kids Workshop. They're held the first Saturday of every month and the boys have so much fun. We've been going to every one since. For the February workshop, they made heart boxes. I want to get pictures from each one of these we go to, but this is also going to be a weekend recap from that entire weekend.

Look how happy they are to have hammers.

The first time I took them, I had to do a lot of the work and had my fingers smashed some when I let them assist me, but both of them are so much better at using a hammer and helping out now.

It's nice when Greg and I both come because we can each work one on one with one of the boys.

I think they look so cute in their little aprons, using their hammers.

The finished product.

Carter with his heart box.

We actually took the boys to the park that day after our workshop. It was chilly, but sunny, so the boys were able to get some energy out.

They had a lot of fun. When it's nice, we try and let them get outside every day, even if it's only to play in the back yard for a little bit, but with the weather we've been having, they've gone a week or more at a time without getting to play outside.

It was nice enough, that Greg actually decided to grill out hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch that day.

The boys at church that Sunday.

Greg kept the boys after church so I could attend a lunch, tour, and informational meeting about the church. They talked about all the ministries, joining, etc. At our lunch, we each had a homemade card from one of the kids in Sunday school--it was really cute.

After I got home, I packed our things and took the boys to my parents for a week. Greg was doing an online class at home (for his work) and I knew there was no way he'd be able to listen to the instructor and do what he needed to do with the boys running around. We actually did this before when Greg had an online class and it worked out great. So, we went over there Sunday and stayed with them until Friday.

My dad cooked up some chicken wings for us for dinner and Evan was very excited. He loves wings and I was able to get a picture of him eating them with one in each hand.

The boys rode their bikes before and after dinner.

They played in the sandbox.

Carter loves wings too, but I don't think anybody loves them as much as Evan.

 I'll do a post on our week at my parents house.

No comments :

Post a Comment