Thursday, July 8, 2010

Doctor's Appointment and Ultrasound

Today we had our 32 week check up and an ultrasound. According to my weekly BabyCenter e-mails and "What To Expect When Expecting" the babies should be around 3.75lbs and 4lbs at 32 weeks. So imagine our surprise when we found out that one of the boys is 4lbs 9oz and the other is 4lb 6oz. I couldn't believe it! I'm carrying about 9lbs of baby and I'm only 32 weeks. We were both so excited though. It's great that the boys are growing so well and that they are so close in size. Everything on the ultrasound looked great. We're supposed to be starting our weekly appointments soon, but the doctor felt that everything is going so well, that we can follow up in 2 weeks and then start the weekly appointments.

I am not any closer to delivering than I was 4 weeks ago at my last ultrasound, which is great news. I mentioned in my last post that Greg and I had to go to the hospital, so here's the story behind that: The last Sunday in June I started having a ton of Braxton Hicks and the books/BabyCenter emails say if you have more than 4 an hour, call your doctor. I was having more than that, but they didn't hurt at all and I wasn't having any other symptoms. I laid down and drank a ton of water, but I kept having them, so to be on the safe side I figured I'd call a doctor I work with and see what she thought I should do. She suggested to lay down and give it another hour and if they didn't let up, to call my OB. So, when I laid down and started counting them, and had 4 in 8 minutes, Greg said that we weren't waiting an hour, to call the OB right away. He wanted me to come in to make sure I wasn't in preterm labor. We went in and the contractions were exactly 2 minutes apart, so they gave me a shot to make them stop. The doctor checked to make sure I wasn't dilated, which I wasn't and the shot worked great to stop the contractions. They monitored me for a little bit, then let me go. It wasn't a big deal, but because of that and the fact that I'm so far along with twins, the doctor didn't want me going out of town. It's something that could be an isolated incident they said, or it could become a frequent occurance. But, I haven't had any problems since then, so we're hoping it was a one time thing.

Starting next week, I will be reducing my work weeks to 3 days a week. I think work has been great at keeping me busy and making the time fly by, but I'm starting to get to the uncomfortable part of the pregnancy and the 40 hour work week is just becoming too exhausting. I'm so tired at the end of the day that I am completely useless. I come home and lay in the bed and watch tv until we go to sleep at 9:00. On the weekends, there's so many things that we need to get done, so I feel guilty for relaxing on the only 2 days we have to get stuff done. . So, having 2 days off a week for the rest of the month will be so nice. I plan on working the first couple of days in August, but then starting my maternity leave. Yay!

Here's a couple of maternity pictures. These pictures were taken by Kris Grimes, Greg's friend and coworker.

This one was taken at the beginning of June

This one was taken at my baby shower back in May.

I'm hoping to get a little more done in the baby room this weekend so I can finally post some pictures of that. Even if we don't, I might have to suck it up and take some pictures of it unfinished because I've been promising my mom some pictures for a couple of weeks now. We've done a lot but there's still a lot to do.

No comments :

Post a Comment