Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. Greg had a four day weekend and although we didn't have any family come up for Thanksgiving and we didn't go anywhere, it was nice to have a long weekend to spend together. Thanksgiving day Greg played with the boys while I cooked Thanksgiving dinner. Evan rolled over on his own for the first time, which unfortunately missed since I was stuffing the turkey. :( I'm with him all day every day and of course he does it when he's with Greg, but I'm still very excited. The dinner didn't turn out the way I had hoped, especially my gravy, it wouldn't thicken and we ended up using a jar of gravy, but it wasn't too bad. We ate pretty early and cleaned up the mess while the boys were napping and then spent the rest of the day relaxing and playing with Evan and Carter.

On Friday morning, Greg got up and headed out to do some Black Friday shopping. We found a few deals that he felt were worth getting out for. We got some new flannel sheets, some 700 ct sheets, a cordless drill and some toys for the boys.

Saturday and Sunday we got some things done around the house. Greg worked on getting some stuff I wanted hung (he got to use his new drill) and a few other things. I was able to clean the entire house and make a few things with our Thanksgiving leftovers, like Paula Deen's leftover turkey minestrone soup. On Sunday, we took the boys to the mall to see Santa. We got there right when he did and only had a few people in front of us, so it worked out great. The boys did great and the Santa was really good with them. He was so nice.

It was so hard for both of us for Greg to go back to work this morning after having a short week followed by a 4 day weekend. I really enjoyed having him here and spending time with the boys together.

Here's some pictures from Thanksgiving Day.

The boys in their pajamas playing while I cooked.

The boys in their Thanksgiving outfits next to my turkey. (yes, it does look pitiful and a little burnt)
Evan in his Thanksgiving outfit
Our little turkeys.
Our Thanksgiving dinner. It's weird seeing a thanksgiving dinner set up for just two people. We don't even have nice china, we just used our normal everyday plates.
Our jar gravy. So sad. hahaha

With the holidays coming up, we're staying very busy. It seems like we have errands to run every day, there's a few house projects were trying to get done, as the boys are getting older, they are napping less-which means that I'm staying much busier with them, so until the hustle and bustle of the holidays are over, I will probably not be blogging as much and the blogs I do post will probably be mostly pictures and a quick recap of how things are going, so I'll have documentation for me on how these first several months went with the boys.

No comments :

Post a Comment