Wednesday, August 20, 2014

School and Playdates

I have not been blogging as much as I'd like lately. If I don't blog about it, I will not remember it, so I really like to stay on top of it, but it's been busy. The boys turned 4 on Monday, so I'll do a separate birthday post about their birthday and 4 year old check up.
 
Last week, Greg had to go out of town for work. He left about 11:00 on Sunday and ended up getting home about 7:30 on Monday. He wasn't supposed to get home until after midnight, but ended up catching an earlier flight and made it just in time to see the boys before bath and bedtime. Before Greg even pulled out in his car for the airport, Evan said "I really miss daddy" haha, I thought I was in for a long day, but the boys were great. The boys wanted to take some pictures that night after bath to send him. He was supposed to cut their hair before he left, but didn't have time. This is probably the longest it's been since we first started cutting it. I'd love to grow it out a little longer, but I cannot stand having the hair on the sides touch their ears and I like it nice and neat in the back (on their neck) but it grows so fast and if we wanted to grow it out, we'd need to take them to a professional to cut it, so we'll probably just keep doing what we're doing since it's easy and free.

They were being so cute for their picture for daddy.

They love seeing themselves on my camera and getting super close.

The boys have been doing great at school. They just adore their teacher, Carter has told me a couple times when we're driving home that he's sad because he misses his teacher. They love the other kids in their class and they really look forward to going to school. We've been leaving early for the first two weeks because I drop them off and then go help with carline. And by "help" I mean I stand there and just make sure the kids know where they're going, which they all do, so it's easy.

Monday, I had my first classroom volunteer day. I'm going to be volunteering every Monday morning for an hour in a 3 year old class. I've been really looking forward to volunteering with the boys school and really enjoyed Monday. I think it'd be a huge distraction if I volunteered in the boys room, some kids don't care at all, but I know mine would be clingy and I don't know how well they'd listen with me in there, so I didn't request their room. I'll still do parties and special things with their classroom, but as for the weekly volunteering, I'll be in another classroom.


I let the boys lead me to their classroom and then they find their cubby, take out their lunch and put it up, take out their folder, zip up their backpacks and hang them. Then, take their folder into the class and put it in a bin. They are actually doing really good.



We met another twin mom at the park on Thursday. The boys had a great time. But, it was hot!!

The way the weather was last week and this week, we can really only go to parks with a splashpad or somewhere indoors, like the mall or Chick-fil-A. It's just been miserably hot and humid. I promised myself I wouldn't complain about the heat after the winter we had and I know we don't have much summer left, so I need to enjoy while I can.


The boys had a good time. They liked the twin girls we met up with and they played with some other random kids at the park. If there's kids there, the boys will usually find somebody to play with.


Carter climbing on the park

The boys love this spider web.


My mom had a great coupon for Kohl's and wanted to get the boys a few things for fall, so I got out all the boys clothes from last year to try them on and see what still fits. They actually fit into almost all their clothes from last year! The boys saw these footie pjs in the pile and insisted trying these on and then begged me to wear them around the house. They looked so cute and they still fit.



The boys looking like big boys, going down the hall to their classrooms with their big ol' backpacks.
 
 Friday, we tried out a new pizza place and it was AWFUL. I thought the pizza was the worst. But, the boys had a good time. They love going to restaurants.
 

I had my weigh in for Month 1 of my 6 month diet bet on Friday and for the end of my 4 week one on Tuesday (the 19th) and I hit my goal for both of those, so my weight loss is around 23lbs right now. I'm just going to be doing the 6 month one until January with once a month weigh ins. I may do another 4 week one after that, but right now I have a lot going on and can't commit to going to the gym as much as I should and would need to in order to be successful in another 4 week diet bet. But, I'm really happy with my progress so far and I'm excited to keep it up and get to my goal for my 6 month diet bet.

Along with school starting back up, the boys also have swim lessons on Saturday mornings. They're only doing a 4 week class and we had the first meeting last Saturday, so only 3 more weeks left of that. They're in the next step up and they're doing really good. Tomorrow, I start a morning bible study at church. It's every Thursday morning for moms and we'll be discussing a parenting book and I'm really looking forward to it. The boys will get to play with the other kids in the children's room, which they are very much looking forward to.


No comments :

Post a Comment