Friday, August 8, 2014

Last Of Summer Break

I don't know how it's already August 8th and I haven't blogged at all this month. The boys finished up with swim lessons on the 31st and had a week off before school started. I think I mentioned in the last post, but the graduated from their swim lessons and are now in the next class up. That will start on August 16th and will they'll have them on Saturday mornings for 4 weeks.
 
We went to Chick-Fil-A last Friday, we had two coupons for free kids meals from the boys summer reading program, so I took advantage of that. We met my sister there and the boys had lunch and got some play time in.
 
Evan was clearly too busy eating to even look at me, but I wanted to post this picture because it has his bbq sauce and his ketchup and I wanted to write something about that so I'll remember later. Both boys require bbq sauce and ketchup every single time they eat chicken and they will dip it in one and then the other and eat it. Every.single.time. We always have to have both on hand at home. I'm sure I'll forget this little quirky fact about them when they're older, so I wanted to put that in here.
 


I tried to be good and didn't order a delicious chicken sandwich with mayo like I wanted to. But, I saw they had iced coffee and had to try it. It was delicious!

Sometimes, the only way to get a picture of them sitting still is to get one while they're eating.

Both boys know that I can switch my camera phone so that you see yourself on the screen as you take a picture, so they now will insist on getting at least one selfie when I'm taking pictures. They also demand to see pictures after I've taken them, I may be creating little monsters.

This is a HORRIBLE picture of me, but I wanted to share this little gem since I think it's funny.

We went out to my parent's house on Monday. It feels like it's been forever since we had gone out to spend the day there, because of my dad's knee surgery and then swim lessons, so it was nice to go. Evan loves this little pinwheel my mom got for the boys. You never know what they're going to love, it's just so random the things that end up becoming their favorite toys.

My parents built this incredible sandbox at the beginning of summer and each time we go over the boys will play for a little bit but since there's just so many fun things to do there, they only do each thing for a few minutes before moving on to the next. The boys actually finally played in the sandbox for a good little bit this time.


It's so big and my parents have the best sand toys to play with.

It had rained recently so the sand was just perfect, not wet, but just still a tiny bit damp enough to hold a good shape.

We went to the library on Tuesday to get some books. The boys always insist on helping while we're there, they like to carry our bag for books, put the books in the return, hand the books to the librarian who checks us out, etc.

The boys love the checkers. The one upstairs in the kids section is kind of rough looking (very used) but we had to run downstairs to the adult section so I could look for a book and there's a couple really nice checker tables, right next to the windows. The boys love playing and the floor to ceiling windows that look out at the park.

Afterwards, we met up with Caroline for lunch at The Pizza Joint. We normally don't eat out during the day very much (just some chocolate milk or nuggets when we meet play groups at Chick-Fil-A or McDonalds) but we can't do this much during the school year because the boys and Aunt Caroline are in school, so we wanted to take advantage of our last week of summer.

The boys have been into dress up lately and their imaginations are getting so big--I love to hear the things they come up with. But, they insisted on wearing their hats outside the other day to play. I thought they looked so cute. Carter loves this construction hat, we had them and all their tools (and tool bench) at our house for years, but they didn't really play with it. I moved it to my moms, thinking that maybe if they got a break from them, they'd be more interested in them. It worked and he insisted on bringing his construction hat and hammer home from their house when we played there. He puts it on and says he's a "builder man"

The boys each got a cowboy hat and handkerchief from open house at school on Wednesday (I'm doing a separate post on that) and Evan just loves his. He insisted on wearing it to the park and when we arrived he got out of the car and announced to everybody that "Cowboy Evan is here, Yeehaw" and then proceeded to gallop towards the park like he was on a horse. He wore it outside, he wears it in the house, he just loves it.

I couldn't narrow down the pictures (shocking, I know) so I'm posting all of them. He just looks so precious to me.

He insisted on getting a selfie so he could see what he looked like.


So silly.

Of course, Carter had to have one too, he wanted to make sure his "sword" was in it. This sword is actually some part to their tricycles (I think it's to keep the wheel from turning if you wanted it parked, or something) he's had it for a couple years and has always referred to it as a sword and it's one of his favorite toys.

Thursday morning, the boys got in my bed when they woke up to watch a cartoon on my ipad ( like they do every morning) As soon as they woke up, they went and got dressed up before even coming in my room.



 
We also went to a moms of multiples play date on Thursday and I did not take a single picture. I don't even know how that happened, but we had such a good time. We were there for about 2.5 hours and the boys played so good. It was hot, it said it was 102 on my dashboard when we left and it was humid, but there was a splash pad at the park we went to and picnic tables that are shaded. I had such a great time with the other moms and all the kids were so sweet and played so well. This is the 3rd time I've met with this group in the past month or so and the boys and I always have such a great time. I hate that I didn't get any pictures.

The boys had an open house at the preschool on Wednesday and had their first day today, so I'll do a separate post on that.

No comments :

Post a Comment