Saturday, September 4, 2010

Family Time

Last night my dad and sister, Caroline, came up from Augusta to visit for Labor Day weekend. They came in and met the boys and spent some time with them before going to bed. This morning my dad cooked us all biscuits & gravy and eggs. Then him and Greg ran a couple of errands and worked in the yard for a little bit while me, my mom and Caroline hung out with Carter and Evan. Caroline is going to be a great aunt, she had so much fun holding them today--she was a natural. After Greg and my dad got done working in the yard, him and I left the boys with my family for about an hour and ran some errands. We had to go to Lowe's and the bank and then went to Dunkin' Donuts to get a coffee and sat and talked for awhile. Our little "mini-date" was nice and we have to take advantage of having family here while we can. When we got home, my dad started on dinner. He brought ribs with him that had been marinating since Thursday and he grilled those up for dinner. They were so delicious! They were seriously the best ribs I've ever had. The weather was so nice today, the high was 78! So, after dinner we decided to take the boys on their first walk. We've been wanted to do this sooner, but it's been so hot. Hopefully, the cooler weather is here to stay. I am so ready for fall. The boys did great on their walk, they slept the whole time.

Unfortunately my dad and sister have to go back to Georgia tomorrow. My mom is staying until Thursday. I have absolutely no idea how we would have been able to survive without her. She's been here since we got home from the hospital and she's been such a huge help. She does everything. Besides doing so much for the boys, she cleans, cooks, and makes sure Greg and I are well rested. We've been spoiled rotten these past couple of weeks. Greg's parents are coming on Wednesday night and they'll be out here for 2 weeks, so that'll be great. My mom has offered to come back out when his parents leave, but we're going to see how things are going.

Here's some pictures from today.

Evan and his Aunt Caroline



Carter in the swing for the first time. He's wearing a shirt from Aunt Caroline that says "Auntie Said I Could"



Not the best picture, but the four of us (even though you can't see Evan and Carter) before our first family walk


No comments :

Post a Comment