Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ice Cream Cookie Brownies

I tried a delicious new brownie recipe this weekend that I found over on Kevin & Amanda's Blog. All the recipes that I've tried from her blog have turned out delicious and this was no exception. It's brownies that have ice cream mixed into the batter and layered over oreo cookies. It's very rich. Greg and I will not be able to eat like this after all our family has left. Pretty soon I'll have to get out my Weight Watcher cookbooks, but for now, I'm enjoying all this yummy food we've been able to enjoy with our families while they're helping us with the boys.

This recipe is a twist on a recipe from Picky Palate that just adds the ice cream and hot fudge, not the cookies. Feel free to experiment with it. There's all types of oreos out now, like Chocolate Mint and Peanut Butter filled oreos, which I think would be just as delicous and you could use different types of ice cream as well.

Ice Cream Cookie Brownies

* 1 box of brownie mix and the eggs and oil that is called for on the back of the box, omit the water
* 1 heaping half cup of ice cream (I used Cookies and Cream like I saw on Kevin & Amanda's blog)
* 1/4 cup hot fudge topping, chilled or room temperature
* enough oreos to line an 8x8 pan




Preheat oven & spray an 8×8 baking dish generously with cooking spray. Combine brownie mix, eggs, and oil as directed on the back of the box, but do not add the water. Add ice cream and hot fudge to the brownie batter and stir to combine. Pour half of the brownie batter into the baking dish, layer with Oreos, then top with remaining batter. Bake for 40-50 minutes or as directed on the back of the box.

No comments :

Post a Comment