Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weekend Recap

I'm just going to do a little bullet post of what's been going on the past couple of weeks

*After the boys got over their colds, they were still waking up at 3 and 4:00 in the morning, which is far too early!! One would wake up and end up waking the other one up and that's what time we were starting our days. It was exhausting. We've talked about moving the cribs into seperate rooms before, but I've been fighting it. I was really hoping all their sleep habits would just work themselves out without us seperating them. Finally, I gave in a let Greg move Carter's crib. He moved it to the scrapbooking room where we'll keep it for awhile and see how things go. After they get on a good sleeping schedule, we'll try putting them in the same room again, if they start going back to bad sleeping habits when we put them in the same room again, then we're going to rearrange the rooms upstairs and give them each their own room. :( I hope we don't have to do that. So far, it's been going really good. Both boys are sleeping later, at least 5:30 and some days as late as 6:30. Evan has pretty much stopped waking up in the middle of the night and if he does, it's only once and he just needs his pacifier. Carter has had 2 rough nights, but we think it's because he's on the verge of a developmental milestone (walking) which the pediatrician says can mess up their sleep at night.
*We joined a gym about a week ago. I'm so excited, it's really nice and they have free childcare, which is the only way we'd be able to work out. We figured it was good for the entire family. We'd have more energy, we'd lose some weight, we'd get some time away from the boys, the boys would get some play time with other kids. We're both very excited about this. We've gone a couple of times and it feels really good to be getting some exercise. The boys are still getting used to being dropped off in the Kids Zone, but they're doing really, really good considering its' the first time they've ever been left with somebody besides their grandparents.

*I went to a Mom's Night Out at Timberwood Grill with my MOPS group. It was fun. We had great food, some drinks, and it was nice to be able to talk to some other moms.

*Last Saturday we went to a BBQ at a friends house. It was the first party we've gone to since the boys were born. Almost everybody Greg works with was there with their spouses and children and it was nice to see everybody. The boys had a great time, eating good food and getting tons of attention.

*I went to a 31 party last Sunday. A girl in my MOPS group held it and she happens to live in my neighborhood, so me and another MOPS member from the neighborhood were able to just walk on over. I love 31 products and had a hard time choosing what to get.

*I've been going to playdates at the park with my mom group. We've been several times over the past few weeks. The boys love the swings. They love exploring crawling around and exploring. If it's too hot to go to the park or I just feel like switching it up, I go to the mall early in the morning and let the boys play on the play area. They love it, but they're still too small to play when there's lots of older kids there. So, we go between 8-10 and there's hardly anybody there and if there is, it's small kids like Evan & Carter.

My mom and sister arrived today to stay for the week. We're so excited to see them. We have a busy week planned and I can't wait to get some things done. The boys turn 11 months old tomorrow and I can't wait to share what they've been up to this past month. Hopefully I can get back into blogging on a regular basis soon. The boys keep me so busy!!

No comments :

Post a Comment