Sunday, July 31, 2011

Recipes

Lately, I've been spending a lot of time on Pinterest. I love it! It's my favorite thing to do when the boys are sleeping. I use it to find great ideas on how to turn the basement into the ultimate playroom, get fun outfit inspriration, household tips, cute ideas for pictures, craft ideas, etc. I've also found that it's a great way to find and store my favorite recipes. I love trying new recipes, especially any that involve fresh vegetables from our garden. I try and blog all my recipes so I have an easy way to go back and see what we've tried and liked. Since the pictures from Pinterest are better than what I took, I'm going to use them along with a link to each website for the full recipe.


ROASTED TOMATOES WITH FETA & SHRIMP

This roasted tomato dish was amazing! We served it over angel hair pasta with a slice of crusty bread and it was delicious. I cooked the shrimp way too long, so they ended up being tough, but the tomatoes were so yummy. I could actually do without the shrimp next time I make it.




JALAPENO POPPER GRILLED CHEESE
Greg and I both loved this recipe. It was simple and delicious. We used fresh jalapenos from our garden and it was SPICY!


CILANTRO LIME RICE
This recipe is from Gina's Skinny Recipes. It's a website full of delicious weight watcher recipes. This recipe is actually a skinny version of Chipotle's rice. Chipotle is one of my favorite restaurants, so I knew I had to try it. I loved it.















FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS
Don't let the word "salsa" confuse you, there's no onions, cilantro, etc. in this recipe, it's basically fruit salad that's cut up small so it's easy to dip it. I didn't make the chips like the recipe called for, I just used Stacy's Pita chips in Cinnamon and Sugar. Next time, I'd like to make my own chips though.

CAKE BATTER BALLS
These are bad news. They are so easy to make and so delicious. They taste just like cake batter. It's easy to eat a million of them because they're so tasty. Greg and I ate way too many of these things. From now on, I'll only make it if we're having company or if I reduce the recipe so it doesn't make as much.


We got the ingredients to make these two recipes this weekend. I'm excited to try them. The first is Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese--how can it possibly be bad?


I don't even know if Greg's aware that I'm making this red onion, cucumber, and tomato salad. He probably won't like it, he's not a big fan of raw onions. But, I love stuff like this. Yummy, cold salads are perfect for summer. I hope it tastes as good as it looks.


So, there's the recipes I've been trying lately. I know I've been pretty bad about blogging lately. It's beed busy around here. I don't see Evan and Carter slowing down anytime soon, so I'm just trying to keep up. Two active boys make for one tired momma. I've been meaning to do a "week in the life of" post. I really wanted to do one every couple of months since they were born so I could look back and see how much things have changed, but I haven't done it. I'm going to try and document my life for the next two weeks by blogging daily about our day and routine. It'll be super boring for anybody who reads my blog, but I want to look back and be able to see what a typical day was like for us at this age. Hopefully, I can do it every so often so I can compare how different our days are as they get older.

1 comment :

  1. Yum! I want to try them all! Thanks for posting the info. I am about to check out that website!

    ReplyDelete