Sunday, November 2, 2014

Holiday Tree and Crafts

Last weekend, I got a holiday tree for our dining room. I'm planning on leaving it up year round and decorating it for each holiday/season. I didn't think I'd put it up until Christmas this year because I don't have any Halloween or Thanksgiving ornaments to put on it, but the day after I bought it, Michael's put all their Halloween stuff  70% off! So, I went by there and stocked up for my tree and for next year.

I got this wreath for my kitchen. I like to have a wreath hanging on my pantry door all year round. I need to spray paint my wreath holder white, but haven't had time to do it yet.

The garland I got for my tree matches my wreath in the kitchen. The boys and I love our Halloween tree.

I'm going to leave the orange ornaments on there for November and buy a big container of brown ones to put on there for a Thanksgiving/fall look.
 
I'm going to put a witches hat on the top next year, but since I didn't have one, I just used one a little trick or treat sign that I found for a topper. I also put some little cauldrons, that were supposed to be treat buckets, as ornaments. They were the perfect size. I got a little 6 pack of Halloween ornaments at Kohl's for super cheap, they were marked down 55% and I had a 30% off coupon. I'm excited to do my Thanksgiving tree, but I think it's going to be a lot harder to find stuff for it, but I'm definitely up for the challenge.   
This week the boys have been doing some Halloween crafts. They made their mini pumpkins into mummies. This was the hardest thing to do, I used party streamer and it was so difficult on the mini pumpkins, I think gauze would have worked better.

The boys painted their small pumpkins green.

They loved this project.

I was impressed with how well the boys painted the pumpkins, they made sure to get the entire thing painted with the green.

After they dried, we put orange party streamer and googly eyes on them to make them into Ninja Turtle pumpkins. They didn't look anything like the ones I saw on Pinterest, but the boys loved doing it, so that's all that mattered.
 


We also took streamer and put it around toilet paper rolls to make little mummies. These also look like a hot mess--nothing like Pinterest. The boys were so proud of them, though. They couldn't wait to show my mom when she came over and they actually played with them, so I definitely consider this craft a win. It cost next to nothing and was super easy.  

No comments :

Post a Comment