Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Slightly Behind

So, I'm a little behind on blogging. It's been a month since my last post, I have at least 7 blog posts to do to get caught up. A few are photo dump type posts, but I have a couple from a park we went to, our Tennessee trip we just took, etc. It's been a very busy month and I don't have as much time to blog, but I don't want to get too far behind, so I'm going to try and get caught up.

The boys got these pirate bandanas for their birthday and love wearing them around the house. They call them their "pirate hats"

The boys are doing great at school, they absolutely love it. They love their classmates and they adore their teacher. I try and get pictures of them before school like I did of them over the summer, but most of the time, they are not interested in getting their picture taken. Carter has Mickey Mouse because they had show and tell and you had to bring something that started with the letter "m".

The boys and I go to Chick-Fil-A about once a week, usually on Thursdays after bible study. We usually meet my sister there, they're always so excited to see Aunt Caroline and I get to talk to another adult while they play.




Almost all my school pictures are of them walking in because it's the only way I can get a picture most days.

My parents kept the boys overnight a few weekends ago and Greg and I got to go out for a date night. We went downtown and tried out Farmhaus. I've been wanting to try this place for awhile.

We got drinks and fried pickles. Since we had so much time, we decided to do drinks and appetizers at one place and then dinner at another, but we plan to go back and try their burgers because everything on the menu looked delicious.

We also went to the movies for the first time in 5 years without the boys. We saw "Let's Be Cops" and it was hilarious.

We went to a pizza place downtown for dinner. We didn't want to get pizza since that's something we get a lot with the boys, but we did want a good beer selection and fun atmosphere, so we decided to go to the Pizza Joint. We got the buffalo chicken pizza and it was amazing. I also had a great beer that I can't remember the name of, it was spicy and really different than anything I've ever had.

The other day, Carter was playing with his coffee maker and I said something to him and he said "Don't talk to me until I've had my coffee" haha!! I swear I have never said that to the boys. Greg thinks maybe I said it jokingly to him one weekend and they overheard it. But, I got so tickled.

So, he made his coffee.

I really need to write down the things they say because if I don't, I'll forget. If I didn't have this picture on my phone, I would have forgotten all about this already.

I took a quick picture of them on the way to the mall one day because their expressions cracked me up. It's like they're twins or something. ;)

One Thursday after bible study, the boys and I met Caroline at the mall and we let them play and then had lunch there. They hadn't been to the mall in awhile, probably since winter, so they had a blast.

The boys finished up their swim lessons. They started a 4 week class in mid August and they did great. They graduated to the next step up. They can now swim 10 feet unassisted.

At the end of the 4 week session, they end the last swim lesson with a talent show for the parents. So, the parents all stand around and each kid gets to show off what they learned. I wish I had got it on video, but I wasn't even thinking. The boys did so good. Evan loves this part, he loves having all eyes on him.
 
I'm going to try and get caught up with my blog this week because we usually do a lot of fun things in the fall and I want to be caught up so I can blog about those things when they happen (pumpkin patches, fall festivals, trick or treating, decorating pumpkins, etc)

No comments :

Post a Comment