Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015 Recap-Second Half

So, here's the second part of my 2015 recap.

Greg's friend, Brady, came to visit in July and the boys really enjoyed having him. He was able to go with us to take the boys to their first ever 4th of July fireworks. They were so sad to see him go, when he had to leave. The boys started indoor tball. We went to the Aiken Touch-a-Truck. We checked out the cutest art studio, called Artsy Me, with some friends. Some family came down to visit my parents and we were able to see them while we were in town. The boys just adore their cousin, Kendra. The boys finished up their summer school program. We celebrated Greg's 36th birthday. I finished my online math class and somehow, managed to get an "A"!

The boys started Kindergarten on the 5th, at a private, Christian half day program. We put them in two different classrooms this year, which broke my heart, but it was what was best for them. They've done great being in different classroom and have really enjoyed it. They both love their teachers and their friends in class. When school started, they had "color" days for the first couple weeks and the boys loved picking out that day's color to wear to school.
The boys had their first sleepover. Their friend, Cooper, got to come over and spend the night while his mom was in the hospital having a baby.
We were supposed to close on the 5th on our new house, but it ended up getting pushed to the first week in September, which was frustrating, but not the end of the world.
I signed up for Public Speaking, which is the last class that I plan on taking outside of the nursing program.
August/September was when things really started getting busy for us. The boys were in school 5 days a week, (which after we moved, I end up spending almost 2 hours a day in the car taking them to and from school and waiting in car lines) I was still in school and I still volunteered one day a week in the same 3 year old class room. and then when we got the keys to our new house, we just stayed really, really busy. I wasn't able to attend the weekly mom's bible study that I loved so much and there were a couple other things that I just wasn't able to do those first few months after moving in.

August--the boys had their first "real" birthday party. We had it at a place called Gymnastics Gold and they had the best time. The perfect amount of people came--not too many, but plenty between their friends and school friends. We did a Lego theme and it was just a lot of fun.

The boys on their actual birthday. 5 years old.

We moved into our new house! The first week or so was really busy, so we did our best to still do fun things like Hoppy Feet, playdates, etc.
The weather started cooling off and we were able to get out the long sleeves and jackets.

We made a trip to Tennessee. We try and go every year and the boys always enjoy it. We get a hotel with a pool to make up for the 4-5 hours they're stuck in the car on the way up there. But they love playing with their aunts, uncles, and cousins.
The boys also started indoor soccer.

We had fall break in October, so I took the boys to the zoo. Something I missed doing since they're in school 5 days a week now.
The boys had Dress Up Like Your Favorite Book Character day at school. Evan is Pete the Cat and Carter is Jake the Pirate.
The boys finished up Soccer
My friend, Emily, her husband and her two kids came to visit us for the weekend. I went to KSU with Emily and haven't seen her since 2006, so it was great seeing her and catching up. The boys loved her boy and they had a great time.
Greg's parents came out to visit in October also. The boys really enjoyed having Grandma and Grandpa here.
The boys went to an IKEA for the first time ever and they love it as much as we do.

October (continued)
We went to Steed's Dairy with friends and had a blast
The boys had their pictures made by a wonderful photographer in town. We love her so much we've already bough a session for 2016
We went to a Fall Festival at Wesley Church
I hosted a Pumpkin Painting Party at our house for the boys and their little friends.
We had a potluck, Halloween party in our neighborhood and then we went to our friend's house in another neighborhood and trick-or-treated there.

We went to a fall festival at a new park we've never been to before.
I got to help out with Evan's Thanksgiving party, which was fun.
I resisted the urge to go straight from Halloween Decorations to Christmas Decorations.
We had some friends who were moving, stay with us for a few days, after the moving truck came and loaded up all their stuff. We were so sad to see them go, but it was fun getting to hang out with them before they left.
We had Thanksgiving at my parents and the boys had an entire week off school for Thanksgiving break.
The Sunday before the boys went back to school, I got a call from the preschool director asking if I could substitute in Evan's class because his teacher was sick. I said yes and his poor teacher ended up being sick for the entire week, so I subbed the whole week. I ended up really liking it.

We had our Northpole breakfast, where Dennis (our elf) comes. He brings a Christmas book advent with him, along with all kids of other goodies, like Christmas puzzles, the Little People nativity set, etc.
The boys made it a year, going to every single Home Depot Kids workshop since last December.
We went to a Christmas Parade, the Fort Gordon Tree Lighting, the Polar Express at Ft. Gordon, we looked at lights in our pjs several times.
We baked Christmas cookies. The boys helped me decorate their tree.
We celebrated my 33rd birthday.
We went to a birthday party for one of the boys friends.
The boys had their Christmas program at school and my parents were able to go with me.

I subbed a couple more times and the day before the boys went on Christmas break, I was offered a job at their school. The woman I was subbing for called and said she wouldn't be returning, so they offered me her job. I'll be working 11:30-12:50, Monday-Friday and the boys get free tuition. I'm also able to still sub to make a little extra money. I'm really excited, I enjoy helping out at the boys school, I volunteer and help whenever I can, so to have an official job is really nice. It's also so nice not to have to pay tuition for the boys school anymore.

We had some play dates and did some fun things on our break.
The boys had a great Christmas. We opened presents at our house and then we went to my parents house to exchange presents there and have lunch. The boys spent most of the time there on their scooters, which they absolutely love. When they're not on their scooters, they're playing with their light sabers.
Greg's aunt, Janet, came to visit the day after Christmas. This was the boys first time meeting here and they were so excited she was coming. They just love having guests and if they find out a guest is spending the night--they are ecstatic. So, if anybody wants to come visit--you're more than welcome. The boys may talk your ear off, though.

 So, that's pretty much my 2015 recap. I didn't get out my hard drive with all the pictures I've taken this year. I just stole the ones off my Instagram page that I posted throughout the year. I hate that I didn't blog about their party. Or their first day of Kindergarten, or moving into our new house. So many things that I would love to have to look back on, but I'm going to start doing better as of now.
I hope everybody had a great Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments :

Post a Comment