Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2015 Recap-Part 1

I've been so bad about updating my blog this year and I really regret that. I love having this to look back on. So, I'm going to do a recap (over two posts) of 2015 and one of my New Year's resolutions is to update my blog on a regular basis.

January
In January, Greg and I started attending a Sunday School class at the same church where I was already doing a mom's bible study. We went for about 6 months and really enjoyed it, but then when things started getting busy, we stopped going. (probably should add that to my New Years resolution list!) The boys were going to PreK-4 three days a week, which left two days during the week for crafting, playdates, trips to the zoo, etc. I also volunteered one day a week a their school in a 3 year old class. I took Anatomy 2 at Aiken Tech, which definitely kept me busy.


February
In February, I registered the boys for Kindergarten. We took a trip to LEGOLAND. The boys had Donuts with Dad at their school and both my dad and Greg were able to go. We joined the Kroc Center gym for the amazing indoor pool. It was a much further drive, but the winter weather was getting to us and we needed something active that the boys could do, so we put our YMCA membership on hold until May and went to the Kroc Center pretty regularly so the boys could swim and get some energy out. Greg took a week long, online training class for his job, so the boys and I went and stayed the week at my parents so Greg could concentrate on his class. The boys had their first little "photo shoot" with the photo booth that my parents made for me after I saw it on Pinterest. Greg's online class got out early on Valentine's day, so he was able to surprise the boys at school by coming with me to help with their Valentine's day party. He read the class "I love you, Stinkyface" and it was really, really cute!
March
The boys had the cutest little skating party at their school. They had to dress up some potatoes for school and they picked "Ninja Turtles". The boys and I attended the weekly moms' bible study on Thursdays from January-May. The weather started warming up, so we were able to get outside more. And Greg ran a 5K! I also went on my first Women's Retreat with the church to Charleston. The boys school put on a parade for St. Patrick's day for all the parents to come watch.


April,
the boys had spring break, so we tried to get outside and try some new parks. My parents kept the boys overnight and Greg and I went on our first overnight trip without the boys to Athens. We wanted to go to Savannah, but with it being spring break and a last minute trip-Savannah was all booked up. But, Greg and I ended up having a great time in Athens. It was that trip that we decided to start looking at houses and we ended up signing the papers for one that weekend.
April (continued)
We were able to go to the zoo with our friends, go to the park a lot, a few birthday parties, and we went to Steed's Dairy for the Moms Club Day (which is my favorite time to go) I also finished up my Anatomy Class with an "A" and was so glad to be done!

Easter
The boys had Breakfast with the Easter Bunny at the mall. There was a huge Easter festival at the church and then the boys had a great Easter day.


May
The boys finished up PreK-4. We actually missed their last day of school because we went to Arizona. It was the boys first trip to Arizona and first time on the plane, so I took lots of pictures and blogged about it back in June (you can read about the first day here) The boys had muffins with Mom at their school for Mother's day, and my mom was able to come with me. I started an online college algebra class that ended up being 100 times harder than I expected. We had my family over for Cinco De Mayo, because I love any excuse to make Pork Barbocoa!! Yum!


June
The boys started their summer program at school. It's twice a week for about 6 weeks and they review things they've learned, make crafts, play outside, etc. The boys LOVED it. We went to Members Night at the zoo, playdates (at the pool, whenever possible) Greg and I made some really great friends through the church and we started having playdates with them, guys night out, girls night out, and family bbqs.

June-Vacation Bible School
The boys went to a week long VBS at Wesley and really liked it. I was asked to volunteer with the arts and crafts and really enjoyed it. I volunteered with a great group of girls and it was just so much fun. I'd definitely like to volunteer again next year. You can read about it here and here.


That's the first half of the year recap. I'll post the second half tomorrow.

No comments :

Post a Comment