Saturday, March 14, 2015

Skate Party

Last Friday, the boys had a skate party at their school. The parents were invited to come and have lunch with them and then attend the skate party in the school gym. The boys looked forward to it all week. It was so cute sitting with them at lunch and seeing their little routines.

After all the kids ate, we headed over to the gym. It was the boys class and one other class that had a skating party that day. The church the boys go to preschool actually has a room full of skates that all the kids were able to use. They had some for the adults too, but we all had a time and half keeping our kids from falling without being on skates, I can't imagine holding Evan and Carter up while being in skates myself.

The boys had no idea what to expect and they were so funny on them. We learned VERY quickly that the gym floor was a bad idea and moved over to the carpeted area. The boys did much better on the carpet.

I had to post this because Carter's face cracks me up! so funny.

They did so good when I wasn't holding their hands. If I held their hands, they would slip and slide all over the place. I think they learned that they could be silly and not have to worry about falling when they were holding my hand.

The kids were all so cute on their skates.


We had some falls. The boys thought they were hilarious. Towards the end of the party, several of the boys would pretend to crash into each other and then fall to the ground and they all thought it was the funniest thing.

They were able to get back up on their own after they fell, which I was very impressed with.

After their skate party, I took the boys by Old Navy on the way home. The warm weather came out of nowhere this past week and the boys have outgrown almost all their clothes from last year. I normally order their clothes online, but I have to take them to the store first and try on clothes to find out what size they are, then I come home and find what I want online.

They were a mess at the store. They were so hyped up from their skating party and just the fact that it was Friday, so shopping was not easy. I wanted to take a couple of pictures of a few things they tried on, so I could remember what to order online. I loved this button up shirt, it's thin and the sleeves roll up. I thought it'd look so cute with some khaki shorts. I told Carter I wanted to take a picture and he pulled a Ricky Bobby and had no clue what to do with his hands. This happens a lot and it's pretty funny. So, while he's lifting his hands up, Evan runs across the dressing room and jumps in the picture right as I'm taking it--so that's why he's there in his underwear with that huge grin--he's quite proud of himself.

Evan insisted I take a picture of him in the things that he tried on.

There was so much traffic on the way home. It's normally about a 10 minute drive and it took 3-4 times as long and when we got home, the boys were out! I couldn't believe it. I can't remember the last time either of them fell asleep in the car, but it's been forever since both of them fell asleep. So, I did what I used to do when they were babies, I pulled in the driveway, rolled down my windows, turned off the car and relaxed. I played on my phone and just enjoyed the peace and quiet. They ended up sleeping almost an hour!

No comments :

Post a Comment