Monday, April 20, 2015

New House

We signed a contract on a new house and we're moving in towards the end of the summer! Greg and I talked about houses our entire trip to Athens and back. We've actually been talking about them since we lived in our house in Virginia. We would sit around and say "In our next house, I want...." So, Greg and I knew exactly what we wanted in a house before we started officially looking, so it didn't take long before finding the one we wanted.

It's in the area we wanted, in the specific neighborhood we always saw ourselves living in one day and the house has everything we're looking for. We're really, really excited. We signed the contract with the builder and met with a bank last Friday and signed all the paperwork with them. We've picked out all the carpet, cabinets, countertops, upgrades, etc. We have a lot, an actual address, and a move in date.

The boys were such troopers while we spent the whole long weekend driving around and looking at houses. We spent a few hours just driving around and looking at neighborhoods, we checked out a few different houses, and spent a lot of time in the office of the neighborhood we bought it--signing the phonebook of a contract and picking out all the things that go in the house. The boys were perfect the entire time. I was so proud of them and they loved walking through the houses and checking them out.

The boys just loved exploring the model we picked. We're lucky that there was a house in the neighborhood with our exact floor plan we liked. Somebody built it and they don't close for another month, so we've been able to go through, take pictures and measurements. It's been really helpful. I don't know if we could have committed to the house, based on floor plans alone.

The neighborhood has a pool, so the boys wanted to go check it out. They agreed to pose in front of the sign, first.

I was trying to take pictures of all the rooms and all the angles as well as measure them all, and Evan was just so excited about the place. He kept talking about how cute the sinks were and how much he loved the rooms. He wanted me to take a picture of him in his future room. How could I say "no" to that.

We've bought a new construction house before and there was absolutely no problems at all, but with there being 3 months between us signing the paperwork and our move in date, I know that there's always the chance that something could come up (we highly doubt it at this point, since we've signed contracts and put money down, but you never know) We told the boys what we had to (in age appropriate terms) while we were there and looking around and when we went to the bank. But, I'm trying not to say too much about it around them, because it would break my heart if something fell through and we had to tell the boys we weren't getting it.

Evan stuck his smiling face at the bottom of my frame. :)

Haha, he was just following me around, posing everywhere I pointed my camera.

He's such a goober. Carter didn't have time for that, he was on the move, exploring the house.

The sales office had a great kids area with coloring books and toys. This is the main reason we were able to sign the contact and pick out the things for the house.

They never seemed to get tired of coloring. They didn't even know there was a bag of toys until the second time we went up there because they didn't even look, they were so happy coloring.

Staying busy.


If you follow me on Pinterest, you've probably seen the massive amount of home décor pins I've been pinning. I'm obsessed! There was no pinterest when we bought our first house! I spent this evening trying to narrow down paint colors. Greg isn't as excited about the décor as I am, but I did email him some ideas I have and he actually liked them, so he's going to help me with some décor related projects for the house. My goal this summer is to downsize and go through every item we own and decide if I want to bring it with me to the new house or get rid of it. I'm also going to be working on some projects--like a DIY headboard for our bed. In addition to going to summer school, taking the boys to summer school, volunteering at VBS, and trying to enjoy the summer with the boys before they start going to school 5 days a week in the fall. (sniffle, sniffle) It's going to be a fun summer and I'm so excited about moving. I've been wanting to post something about it for days, but we wanted to have our official meeting with the bank and sign all that paperwork before "announcing" it. Although, I may or may not have told everybody I talked to last week. Oops. ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment