Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mexican Bean Dip

This is a healthy, weight watcher version of 7 layer dip and only has 1 point per serving. I didn't think I would like this because I didn't think it would compare to regular, fattening 7-layer dip. But, I was pleasantly surprised, it was really good. Of course it's not as good as 7-layer dip, but it's pretty good and much better for you.

Mexican Bean Dip
Points: 1
Servings: 17

* 1 can fat-free refried beans
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/2 cup light sour cream
* 3/4 cup reduced fat mexican blend cheese
* 1 cup of refrigerated fresh salsa
* 1 can sliced ripe olives (I omitted these because I hate olives)
* 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro



1. Combine refried beans, garlic powder, and chili powder in a small bowl, stirring until blended. Spread mixture into bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.
2. Combine sour cream and 1/4 cup cheese, spread sour cream mixture over bean mixture.
3. Combine salsa, olives, green onions, and cilantro; spread salsa mixture over sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
**I read the directions wrong and added all the cheese to the sour cream layer, so my dip will look different**




No comments :

Post a Comment