Thursday, October 22, 2009

Southwestern Corn Salad

I tried this salad because it looked so fresh and delicious in the picture. It's good, but it had a strong lime flavor. I think the dressing needed something else, but I'm not sure what. I also think it could use some chopped onion and some tomato.
***AFTER I ORIGINALLY POSTED THIS, I HAD SOME OF THIS SALAD LEFTOVER AND IT WAS DELICIOUS, THE STRONG LIME FLAVOR WAS TONED DOWN A LITTLE AND IT TASTED FRESH. I WOULD SUGGEST REFRIGERATING THIS DISH FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS BEFORE EATING IT***

Southwestern Corn Salad
Points: 2
Servings: 8

* 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
* 1/2 teaspoon salt'
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 can white corn
* 1 1/4 cup of chopped green pepper, red pepper and yellow pepper
* 1/3 cup sliced green onion
* 1 diced peeled avocado
* 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and mince


1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add black beans and remaining ingredients; toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.

No comments :

Post a Comment