Monday, April 25, 2011

I'm Back!

I'm finally back to blogging. My mom came up from Georgia and stayed for 2 weeks. When she's here I take a break from blogging and try and get as much accomplished as possible as well as spend some time with her and enjoy time with the boys. There's so many things that I can't do when it's just me and the boys and there's only so many things that Greg & I can get done on the weekends, so it's so nice when my mom comes up and I can work on my to do list. It's also so great to see my mom! I wish we lived closer. :(

I feel like I got so much done in the last two weeks. Things that I've been wanting to get done for awhile but just haven't had the time. Some of these will get their own post later this week.

I finally cleaned out the basement. It was our dumping ground for anything and everything that we didn't know what to do with. The point of Greg finishing the basement when I was pregnant was so the boys would have somewhere to play when they became mobile. They could have free reign of the place and have a lot of their toys down there and at the end of the day, we could go upstairs and not worry about the mess or anything. So, my mom and I spend a lot of time organizing stuff to donate, keep, and throw out. We still have some things down there like the nightstands that we bought the boys for when we change their cribs to full size beds, the doors from their closet, the carseats that we're going to put in the car for them when they outgrow the infant ones their in. I still have to figure out somewhere to put that stuff, but it looks so much better than it did. Now we have to straighten up and get some things to make it the perfect play area and we'll start taking the boys down there. I'm kicking myself for not getting before and after shots of anything I accomplished.

I cleaned out my closet. It was a mess. I got rid of clothes, shoes, etc. Now I even have some extra space.

I finally hung up all the things that I wanted on the walls.


I got a new computer desk and redid my side of the computer room. I'll show the entire thing in another post.

I cooked several meals and froze them. It's so nice to have them for those weeks where we're really tired or busy.

Made this delicious cake--can't wait to share that recipe in another post.

Took the boys to see the Easter Bunny.

Bought both boys a Jumping Jack. More on that later--one of the best things we've ever bought!

Greg mowed the lawn, fertilized, trimmed the bushes and mulched.

My mom and I were able to do a little shopping. Michael's, Kohl's, Walmart, etc.


Greg and I got to go out to dinner twice while my mom stayed with the boys.

I went to the dentist. ugh!

Cleaned and organized all the boys clothes and their bathroom.

Read almost all of "House Rules" My friend, Brandi got it for me for Christmas. I started it and loved it, but then I got sidetracked. So, I finally started it again and I'm almost done. I'm dying to know if it ends like I think it's going to.

Also while my mom was out here, the boys turned 8 months old (I will definitely do a post on that) Evan got two more teeth, Carter has completely stopped using his swing and now sleeps in his crib for all naps and at night, and the boys started sleeping through the night really well (they were doing ok and then got sick, but now that they're feeling better they're sleeping so much better at night then they ever have).

So, it was a busy and productive two weeks. I'll definitely elaborate more on some of those things in other posts this week. I hope everybody had a great Easter and I can't wait to post the pictures of the boys on their first Easter later this week.

No comments :

Post a Comment