Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sunshine Cake

I made this cake while my mom was out. We both loved it. It's a poke cake and it's perfect for summer. It tastes light and fruity. I will definitely be making this again. Greg liked the cake, but he doesn't like Cool Whip, so he'd only eat it if I put regular frosting on it, but I think that would be too heavy for this cake. I was so happy that it turned out. I tried to make a poke cake with my friend Emily when we were in college and it was a disaster. I can't remember what we did wrong, but it did not work out for us. This cake was so easy, though.

Sunshine Cake
Ingredients
*18-1/2 oz pkg. lemon cake mix
* 3oz pkg. orange gelatin mix
* 1 cup boiling water
* ½ cup orange juice
* 8-oz container thawed cool whip
Directions
Bake cake according to package directions in a 13x9 baking pan; set aside to cool. Poke holes over top of cake with a fork or skewer; set aside. Dissolve gelatin mix in water; stir in orange juice. Pour over top of cake; cover & refrigerate overnight. Frost with whipped topping before serving. Makes 12 to 15 servings.

No comments :

Post a Comment