Wednesday, June 11, 2014

BBQs and IKEA

Saturday, we went to a bbq with Greg's coworkers, they had a great set up outside for the kids. The house we went to was huge and great for hosting. The boys had the best time, but it was HOT. So hot and humid. I could tell it was even hot for the boys, because they kept needing to go inside to cool off and then they'd go right back outside.

The highlight for the boys was probably the dogs, they loved the dogs that were there. It was so sweet to see the boys with them.

We tried to show the boys how to play the games that were set up, but they didn't have much interest, they wanted to do it their way.

They had kids horseshoes set up and I gave Carter the horseshoe and told him what to do and he threw it and got it on the stick (I have no idea what that's called) the first try. I guess he figured he'd quit while he was ahead, because he lost interest after that.

There were a few other kids there that the boys got to play with.


Both boys were exhausted when we left, but Evan fell asleep in the car. I got him out of his car seat and carried him in the house and he didn't wake up. That hasn't happened since he was a baby.

It was too late to take a nap, but I sat down and enjoyed it for about 10 minutes before waking him up. :( He actually woke up in a great mood and the rest of the evening went along fine, I thought we'd have two fussy boys since they were so worn out, but they were in great moods.

Sunday morning, I got up early and picked my sister up and we went to Atlanta to go to IKEA. I'm redoing the boys playroom and needed to get some shelves and a couple other items. I've been wanting to go to Trader Joe's, so I looked online and saw that there was one only 2 miles from IKEA, so after shopping at IKEA, we slipped over to Trader Joes and picked up a couple of things. We stopped for lunch on our way home and made it back by 3:00.

I've been planning on redoing the boys playroom for awhile. We're changing their toddler beds into full size beds soon and will have to change their rooms around a little bit because of that, so I figured I'd go ahead and do the playroom and their rooms at the same time.

I'll post pictures when I'm done but here are some pictures from my Playroom board off Pinterest. I have wanted floor to ceiling bookshelves for a long time. I've pinned every picture I've seen of any type of book shelves and this is close to what I'm going to try and do on one of the walls in the playroom.

 
 This is what I needed to go to IKEA for--cube shelving. I wasn't sure how I wanted it to look, but ended up going with this floor to ceiling look for the most storage. I think it looks really neat and organized and holds a ton of toys. I'm hoping I can get mine to look this neat.

this is something else I picked up while at IKEA, it's a waste basket that's attached to the wall for coloring book storage. I'm moving a little table into the playroom and I'm going to have a coloring area, so I thought this would be perfect for holding their coloring books.
 
I can't wait to be done with the playroom, I'm so anxious to see how it's going to look. I need to work on almost every room in the house, but I'm starting with the playroom first.

No comments :

Post a Comment