Thursday, June 26, 2014

Projects and Summer Days

Last weekend, we went to Lowe's to get some wood for another project that I'm doing. I'm pretty sure that my entire family is about tired of my projects. I somehow get everybody involved in my Pinterest projects, between painting things, putting them together and putting them up, but I'm going to get as many projects done as I can before they all have an intervention and put a stop to it. :)

We went to a Lowe's that was further away because the one close to us doesn't have the car carts, and with the boys, the car cart is a must. They love those things.

Greg even helped pick out the wood and got it cut for me while I took the boys and looked for paint. Such a trooper.

Afterwards, we went to Applebee's with the boys for dinner, I can't believe they're at an age where we can go to sit down restaurants on a whim and it's actually enjoyable.

We used to only be able to go to places that were super fast, we had to bring snacks, toys, etc. to keep them entertained and we felt so rushed. Obviously, they only have so much patience before they start getting antsy, but it's so much easier than it was.

I spent Sunday working on my projects for the house.

It involved a lot of painting.


I also did some canning, pickles, blackberry jam, pineapple jam, and banana peppers. I bought the blackberries at a Farmer's Market before I found out there was a pick your own place close nearby, so we went there on Wednesday (I'm doing a separate post on that)

I got my framed book covers up and my painted letters hung. I still want to add a couple more book covers, but I like the way the reading nook is coming along.

Monday, I let the boys watch a movie and eat popcorn. They think it's such a fun treat to do this.
 
The boys also put on a party in their room. They prepared their play pizza, cookies and birthday cake. They put on their "birthday hats" and came down to invite me to their party. They said "want to come to our party, it's a really cool party" how could I say no to that? When I got up there, they gave me a present (one of their toys) and then Carter said "we need decorations for this party, I'll go to the store downstairs, I'll be back" and came back with a craft they made at VBS and said put it on the floor and said "I think these decorations look good here" The whole thing was just so cute. They were being such cute little hosts and making sure I was well fed with their pretend food and having fun. I love their little imaginations and the things they come up with together.
 

I spend a lot of the days breaking up fights, telling one of them to stop taunting the other, to quit touching each other, etc. But, when they're not fighting, they're being super sweet. Like when they held hands going to their summer program, just because.

I spent a few naps getting this thing done for their playroom. It has 41 pictures, so I had to go through all their pictures, pick some, order them, etc. I love having this in the playroom. I love looking at pictures of them when they were younger.

The boys are such troopers about taking a picture when I drop them off at their summer program. I can never get pictures before we leave the house, but we always get to school early and have plenty of time. The boys are always in good moods, there's not many people there and it's the best time to get a picture of them.

This evening Greg hung another book shelf in the reading nook. After we got the first 5 up, we realized it'd look better with another one, so my parents went to Lowes, got the wood, my mom painted it and then her and my dad put them together for me. See what I mean about everybody getting involved? I'm very lucky to have everybody so willing to help, I definitely couldn't have done these shelves without them.
 
Tomorrow, I'm going to do a post about our trip to the blueberry and blackberry patch.

No comments :

Post a Comment