Saturday, August 21, 2010


It's 5:00 in the morning and before Greg wakes up and we get the boys from the nursery, I wanted to update my blog. This blog is not only going to be our way of keeping our families updated on Evan and Carter with posts, video, and pictures, it's also going to be our way of keeping a diary of the boys' lives. I've noticed that other girls post their child's monthly pictures and what they're able to do, pictures and details of a lot of their "firsts" etc. I think this is a great way to "scrapbook" their lives and a way for me and Greg to look back and see how much they've changed. So, some of these posts will only be interesting to us and I apologize for that.

The first thing that I have to blog about when it comes to Evan and Carter's first 3 days of life is not about Evan and Carter, it's actually about Greg. I have to talk about how incredible Greg has been. I never want to forget all he's done these first 3 days, I want to give him credit and let everybody know what kind of father and husband he's been.

I absolutely could not have got through our time in the hospital without Greg. I always knew he'd be a good dad, but he's been way more than that. He's amazing. Since I had a c-section, I was hooked up to an IV and cathedar and had those blow up, blood clot preventers on my legs for the first 24 hours and was not able to get out of bed until 8:00 in the morning on Thursday. The first day Greg took care of all three of us. He made sure I was comfortable and had everything that I needed within reach. He fed the boys all their bottles, did all the burping, and changed all the diapers. And he loved every second. You could tell how happy and proud he was to be a father. He not only didn't complain at all, but he smiled and doted over the boys. He was constantly making sure I didn't need anything and helping me hold the boys. He got up 4:00am Wednesday and didn't take the boys to the nursery until 9 or 10:00 that night and you would never know he was tired, he was so great all day. On Thursday, I was finally able to get out of the bed, but Greg's behavoir didn't change in the least, he still did almost all of the feedings, burpings, and changings. He showed me how to do everything and also made sure that I was always comfortable and didn't do too much. He was by my side the entire day helping me and taking care of the boys, and again with a smile on his face. He was so happy to be a father and never looked or acted tired or overwhelmed. And yesterday, when I was able to do even more, he still didn't pull back. He was just as involved as the first day. Anytime we need anything, whether it's more wipes for Evan, a clean shirt for Carter, or water for me, he just took care of it. He's been so upbeat and sweet. He's said how much he cannot get enough of the boys, everytime he sees them-he's just as smitten with them. When he got peed on 3 times yesterday, he just laughed and cleaned up. When he changes a diaper, gets the boys all clean and swaddled and then they poop again 5 minutes later and he has to do the whole thing all over again, he just smiles and jokes to the boys about it. When he went to go pick up my mom from our house yesterday so she wouldn't have to worry about trying to find the hospital, one of the housekeeping staff stopped by and said how she can't believe how energetic and happy he is. She said that everytime she sees him in the hall, he's smiling and says "hi" to everybody. She said that I'm a very lucky lady and that is so true.

I realize that I went on and on, but I just cannot say enough great things about him. He's such a great husband and father. I never, in a million years, would guess that he'd be this incredible. I'm so lucky that he's who's beside me raising twin boys. I just wanted to make sure that I gave Greg credit for everything he's done.

No comments :

Post a Comment