Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thursday Recap

I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. I'm looking forward to the weekend. Saturday, I'm getting my hair cut and colored, finally! The weather is supposed to be nice, which means we have endless possiblities of things to do--run errands, hang out on the deck, go for a walk around the neighborhood, grill out, go to the park, etc. There's so much more to do when the weather is sunny and warm. I used to love rainy days because it meant sleeping in and then snuggling up on the couch to watch movies. Not anymore. We have two cute little boys to keep entertained and rainy days really make that a lot harder.

Today the weather was really nice. It was sunny and in the low 70's. I went for a walk with my neighbor and her 4 month old daughter. We walked for over an hour and let me tell you-I am feeling it! I'm so sore. I'd love to blame it on pushing a double stroller, but the fact is I'm so out of shape. My sore legs are a reminder that I need to get my rear end in gear, my boys are already all over the place and they aren't even crawling yet. How on earth am I going to keep up with them when they start crawling or walking?! So, starting tomorrow, I'm going to start walking on a regular basis and eating healthier. I say this all the time, maybe typing it out will keep me accountable. We'll see.

This afternoon two UVA communications students came over for a study they're doing. I heard about it from a mom in one of the groups I'm in. They recorded (voice only) me playing with Carter for 2 minutes, and then a conversation that I had with them for 2 minutes. That was all, it was so quick and easy and Greg participated with Evan. We each got a $10.00 gift card to Starbucks. so, basically, I got a $20.00 gift card to Starbucks ;) And we were able to help out some students with their research and it didn't take up that much time.

After we put the boys to bed, I went with a friend to a MOPS meeting. I've been really wanting to check out this club at a local church and when I found out she was a member, she invited me to check it out. It was the last meeting of the season, so they had a luau theme party. It was a lot of fun and I was able to meet some other moms, some of which even live in my neighborhood. They start back with meetings in the fall, but they try and stay in touch with playdates and activities throughout the summer. I've been looking at so many "mom groups" and trying to find one that's a right fit for me and the boys. I've met a lot of nice people along the way and I can't wait to get really settled into a few of the groups.

Going to this meeting tonight also gave me a little peek at the church since it's a church group. Greg and I decided that we would start looking at churches when the boys started sleeping through the night and were on a pretty good schedule. They are now, so it's time to start looking. Just like with the "mom groups" I think we might have to try out quite a few before making a decision. I have a few in mind that I want to start with, so we'll see how it goes.

Well, pretty boring post today. I didn't take any pictures. I'll do a post with pictures of the boys tomorrow to make up for this one today. ;) I hope everybody is having a good week. And Happy Cinco de May!

No comments :

Post a Comment