Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Flu Shots & Random Pictures

I love how the boys play together now. The other day, they were pretending it was time for bed and Carter was reading Evan a story and then he'd say "goodnight, stay in bed" and when he'd walk off, Evan would jump up and run out of the bed. So, Carter would take him by the hand and walk him back to bed and tell him he needed to stay in bed. This went on for quite awhile. Thank goodness it was only pretend and we don't have that problem with them when we put them to bed, but it was so cute to watch them play.

I tried a recipe for pot roast that I saw on the side of an A1 bottle and it turned out amazing. It was so good that I've made it twice in the past couple weeks. It was my first pot roast. I have tons of pot roast recipes on Pinterest that I want to try, but I don't know if I can bring myself to make a roast without using this recipe. It's just SO good. It's just half a cup of a1, half a cup of water, and a packet of Lipton onion soup mix. We add carrots and onions and then instead of adding potatoes to the crock pot, I make Pioneer Woman Mashed Potatoes.  It's hard to get a good picture, this is the best I could get, but trust me, you should try this asap!

I scheduled the boys flu shot last week for right after school. My mom and I had been shopping while they were in school, so she came with me. I actually had forgot until we were in car line and suddenly I remember that we had to go straight from school to the doctor's office. Oops. The boys were hyped up.

The nurse had two shots drawn when she took us back, but I wanted the boys to get the flu mist instead. So, it took her some time to get those ready. The boys were so hyped up and the exam rooms are so small. The paper that they had on the exam table was almost gone, so the boys took the cardboard that it came off and used it as a telescope to look for the doctor. They also crumbled up the tissue paper and played catch with it. Did a lot of climbing. They weren't bad, just very hyped up.

After the boys woke up from their nap, we went with Greg to CVS to get his flu shot. He doesn't have a doctor yet, so we just figured we'd go into the pharmacy and get it done real quick. There was about a 15 minute wait, which felt like much longer. But, the boys managed to entertain themselves. First, they got walking canes and used them as horses, vacuums, sticks, and witches brooms.

Carter riding his walking cane.

Then, we went to the Christmas section and let the boys play with anything and everything that lit up or played music. We were very lucky that the only part of the store that was busy was the pharmacy, there was hardly anybody else in the store.

The boys loved all the Christmas stuff. They saw characters that they recognized from their Christmas cartoons.

It felt like forever, but Greg finally got his flu shot.

Red cups are out at Starbucks. I've seen them all over Instagram. I got a groupon deal and a free starbucks gift card from Huggies, so I had to join in and get a skinny peppermint mocha latte. Mmm..

Evan's obsessed with the camera on my phone and always asks to take pictures now, and I LOVE it!!

Our little helper at the store.

I took the boys over to my sister's house to meet her cat. They were SO excited. That poor cat. The boys were jumping up and down, throwing her balls to get her to "play catch" trying to talk her into getting in her bed. Matilda (the cat) was such a trooper, though.

They boys just loved her so much. I think she could sense that, because she actually let them pet her a little and didn't run and hide under the bed while we were there.

Last week was also Starbucks happy hour with buy one get one free drinks. Greg was not interested, so me and Caroline took advantage during nap time (after Greg got home one day) and went and got some yummy coffees and sat outside and talked.

We haven't been going to the parks as much because it gets dark so early now, but the boys need it. We went to the "turtle park" last Friday and while we were feeding the turtles a wedding party showed up to get married in the gazebo we were in.

No comments :

Post a Comment