Thursday, February 20, 2014

Leaves

Greg was home for 5 days in a row due to the ice storm and we all enjoyed his long weekend. But, Monday morning, it was time to get back into our routine. The boys woke up and got in bed with me and watched a cartoon while they woke up a little.

Then, we ran some errands. We went to Target and then to the library to return some books and get some new ones. The boys love going to the library and getting new books, and it makes story time at night more fun for everybody with new books to read. On the way in the library we saw this tree. You can't tell by this picture, but it fell onto a fence and into an outdoor play area at a day care. Carter immediately felt so sorry for this tree, he said it was so sad that it fell over.

We played with the boys toys before nap. They got out all their food and we had a little play picnic and they cooked for me and made me different juices to drink.

At least one of my boys will keep his clothes on. I have hardest time keeping Evan dressed. As soon as he wakes up in the morning, he takes of his pajamas--which is better than it used to be. He used to take his pajamas off right after going to bed. And as soon as we come inside from running errands, school, playing, etc he takes his clothes off as soon as I'm not looking.

The weather was SO nice on Monday, so Greg took the boys in the yard after their nap while I fixed supper. Greg decided to rake up some leaves and then came inside to get a few bags to bag them up. I could hear the boys laughing and I knew something was up. I went out there and they were having the time of their lives running through those leaves. *Notice how it starts out as a pile*

I took a million pictures, they were just so happy to be playing in those leaves.


I had to take a video, they were just too cute.


Then, Evan got the rake and decided to "help" daddy with the pile of leaves. By the time those boys got done with it, it was no longer a pile and you couldn't tell it had ever been raked.


Such a helper. :)



I loved that the weather was nice enough for the boys to play outside without coats. After dinner, they went out there and played until it was dark. We are all so done with winter and the weather this week is just what we needed.

No comments :

Post a Comment