Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April Selfies and Sickies

Last week, we eased back into our routine of school after being off for a week. We went to McDonald's one day to let the boys play and there was a good group of kids there to play with.

The boys did puzzles.

Evan is obsessed with me taking pictures of him and sending them to people, like mamaw. He drew this and said take a picture to send to mamaw.

Then, he wanted to say "cheese". He loves getting his picture taken and then seeing it afterward.

I've had a cough for a couple of weeks and figured it was allergies, but it just would not go away. I tried a few things, but nothing worked, so I decided to go to the doctor to see if I could get some cough syrup or something and found out that I had walking pneumonia. I felt fine, I just had a cough. I'm done with my antibiotic, but still have my cough. :( So, hopefully it'll clear up soon. between the three of us, I was in Target filling prescriptions a lot last week, glad they have $1.00 popcorn that keeps the boys entertained. (And they asked me to take this picture to show daddy their popcorn, notice how Carter is actually showing his bag to the camera?)

The boys wanted a picnic one morning before school, so I let them eat their waffles on the floor. They were happy as could be.

So, after Carter got diagnosed with an ear infection and I got diagnosed with walking pneumonia, Evan started coughing. I knew what I had was contagious, so I took him to the doctor to get checked out. He wouldn't breath deep enough for the doctor to get a good listen to his lungs, but the doctor felt confident that he had what I had and prescribed him an antibiotic as well. When the doctor got his tool out to check his eyes and ears, he asked if Evan knew what it was and Evan said "Yes, that's an eye scanner" haha, I have no idea where he got that from, but the dr was impressed.

Greg came with us to the doctor and took Carter outside to walk around while Evan was seen (they're always really fast there) so we spent some time letting the boys just explore before we headed over to Target to get Evan's antibiotic filled.

Then, of course, we had to take the boys to Chick-Fil-A to get ice cream. They were so good at the doctor and had said they wanted to go to Chick-Fil-A, so we went there to get them a treat.

Carter's face--haha. these boys love their chick-fil-a ice cream.

We always ask for a small, and no matter where we go, they always give us a TON of ice cream. I think it's really sweet, I know they're doing it to be nice, but the boys can really make a mess. So, we usually end up asking for some empty cups to put their cone in after they've managed to take a bite of the middle of the cone or it just melts faster than they can eat it. And we go through lots and lots of napkins.

I'm trying to post as many pictures of Evan that he asks me to take because I know this phase will end very soon. One day, he'll probably be like Carter and say "NO CHEESE!! STOP IT" :(

He especially loves it when I flip the camera around and he can see himself as I take the picture.

This is what Carter was doing while we were playing with my camera. He was playing, not wanting anything to do with our shenanigans.
Our entire weekend was messed up because of rain. I had planned on taking the boys strawberry picking on Friday during the day, they had a soccer game that evening and we had a easter egg hunt on Saturday that they'd been looking forward to forever. The church they go to preschool at was putting it on and there was going to be a helicopter there dropping the eggs, the boys talked about it for weeks. Then, it rained a ton the whole weekend and all those plans were cancelled (they even had to cancel the egg hunt all together because it rained so much the field was just way too muddy)
So, we decided to check out another egg hunt that was moved inside, but it was pretty crowded and we didn't stay long. But, the boys did see the Easter bunny and both of them were so excited and smiled.

I love the look on Evan's face, he was so excited and went up and gave him five.

Then the Easter bunny came over and tried to give Carter a high five and Carter just froze and stared at him. He would not give him a high five. He wasn't scared of Santa this year or even when the Easter bunny was a safe distance, but he did not want to touch him.
So, that was our week in pictures.

No comments :

Post a Comment