Saturday, April 26, 2014

Day at Mamaw and Papaw's

Monday, the boys and I went over to my parents house. Sometimes, I go over there and don't take a single picture, but I wanted to make an effort this time. We're usually all over the place, inside and outside, upstairs and downstairs, and I just don't carry my phone with me usually. But, I did manage to get a few pictures of this trip so I could blog about it.

When we go over there, the first thing the boys want to do is go upstairs and play for a little bit. (until Evan wants a snack, which is usually very soon after we get there) He was laying in my mom's lap, and you can't really tell from the picture, but he was acting like a cat. He was nesting and just being so funny (although he had no idea) and I got tickled and tried to get a picture of it.

After we've played upstairs some and Evan has his snacks, we usually go outside. It used to be Carter that wanted to go out there and ride his bike, but the past couple times, he's been more interested in drawing with chalk or the sandbox. The boys love hopscotch.


I set up the bubble maker (I think I love it as much as the boys, it's so fun just relaxing with bubbles going everywhere) my dad took the boys down to the garden to pick some radishes and the boys LOVE doing that. Although, I don't know how well they listen. I think they get excited and may have picked a few that weren't ready.

Carter was in the mood to draw on Monday, he just drew and drew.

He decided it'd be nice to draw a picture for everybody, which we all loved.

He's drawing a stick figure for each of them here.

Seriously, is that not the cutest stick figure ever?! I LOVE it!!!!

Evan tripped on the stairs and scrapped his leg when we were getting ready to go. Nothing makes a scratch feel better than a cookie. Haha. They love sitting on the counter when they're sick or hurt. Plus, he got some orange juice. He was in heaven!

During the boys nap, I was able to use my mom's sewing machine to hem a few pairs of shorts and pants that I've been wanting to hem for awhile. The boys always love going to my parents house for the day and ask to go over there all the time.

No comments :

Post a Comment