Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 2

Tuesday started off a little rough. Carter woke up at 4:00, Greg got up with him and got him back to sleep around 4:15, at 4:20, Evan woke up, so I got up with him and finally got back in bed around 4:45. Then Carter woke up at 5:30 for good and I was exhausted. I ended up waking Evan up (which I try not to do in the mornings) to keep them on the same schedule. During their first nap, one of the other mom's in the neighborhood texted me about going to Carter's Mountain to pick some peaches. I got ready and when the boys woke up from their naps, I got them ready and headed out the door. Another mom in the neighborhood also got to come, so the 3 of us followed each other up to Carter's Mountain. Our neighborhood is full of families with young kids. A LOT of the moms are stay at home moms and most of their husbands work at the same place Greg does, which is so nice. We ended up getting to the orchard about 9:15 and after pushing the double stroller up a huge hill to the peach trees I was drenched in sweat. We tried to get there early to beat the heat, but there's just no espcaping this heat and humidity. There were a ton of peaches, I didn't get too many because I wasn't sure if I'd have time to use them in a recipe, so I just got enough for us to munch on this week. I got a scoop of peach ice cream for the boys, which they LOVED! and walked around the little store they have. After the car trip and being stuck in the stroller, I decided to lay out a blanket on the grass and let the boys stretch their legs a little before driving home. They love being outside and exploring. I don't know why I bother putting a blanket down, they stay on it for all of 2 seconds before they're crawling off. They fell asleep within 2 minutes of being in the car, I used that time to call my friend Brandi and was able to catch up with her on the drive home. I got home and fed the boys lunch and let them play for awhile. They really only need two naps a day, but since they got up so early and their second nap was just a quick one in the car, I decided to put them down for another nap. Evan went to sleep, and I eventually had to wake him up at 4:00 to make sure he slept that night. Carter did not want to sleep, I could tell he was tired, but he's very stubborn. Greg came home while I was fighting with Carter to go to sleep. We decided to just let him get up and play, so Greg and Carter played downstairs, while I took a little break upstairs. I usually don't need one, but I was so tired! After we woke up Evan at 4:00, we ran to the dry cleaners, Walmart (just Greg and Evan went in, because Carter fell asleep as soon as we got in the car--little stinker!) and then the post office. There's some places that are really hard to get a double stroller in (subway, starbucks, post office, dry cleaners, Sheetz gas station-aka the home of the best frozen coffee-ever!!) so I save those errands for after Greg gets home and one of us stays in the car with the boys while the other one runs in. When we got home, Greg cooked us dinner, we were on night 3 of homemade taco bell burritos. I don't mind leftovers sometimes, but I feel like that's all we eat since there's only two of us eating, and if we make something with a pound or pound and a half of meat, it takes us several days to get through it. Sometimes it's nice to have a quick thing to just heat up for dinner, but leftovers get old sometimes. We both showered and fed the boys dinner. We brought the shelf that Greg built up to the boys room and put some toys in it and let them play for a little bit. We bathed the boys, gave them a bottle, read them bedtime stories and put them down around 6:50. We each played on the computer for a little while, and then watched an episode of True Life that we had tivo'd. We went to bed early, we were in bed before 9:00 and I finished reading and was asleep before 9:30. I was exhausted.

**I wanted to have the pictures throughout my post, but they uploaded in a random order and it's taking me forever to fix it, so I'm just going to leave them at the end and out of order**

Evan took off as soon as I put him on the blanket. The grass does not bother him in the least and it doesn't slow him down at all.
Happy as can be.
The two mom's that came, both have 2 year old boys. It's so fun to see them talking, walking, etc. I can't believe that'll be our boys in a year.
They are obsessed with the stroller, you would think after being stuck in it all morning, they'd want to be as far away from it as possible.
This is the front room that we converted into "Baby Jail" aka the boy's playroom. Their favorite thing in the entire room is playing with the gate. If I open the gate, they'll both play on it forever.
What the playroom looks like after they get done with it.
They love playing under tables. We got them a tunnel thing for their birthday, I hope they like it as much as they like playing under the dining room and kitchen table.
Getting him to look at the camera is impossible.
Both boys playing on the gate
The peaches that I got. Minus the two that Evan got a hold of. They were in a bag hanging off the stroller, and he managed to grab two while still in the bag and bite them? It was a mess.
The boys and their bottles. I've been trying to make the switch to sippy cups, but they don't drink as well out of them, and I've been lazy. I need to really wean them off the bottles. But, the reason for this picture was while they're eating, they always have to be touching each other! They will play "footsies" the entire time. It's so funny.
View from Carter's Mountain
All of us, there were 5 kids and three moms. My two boys, the 2 two-year old boys, and a 4 month old precious, little girl.
View of Charlottesville from Carter's Mountain. I could have stayed all day if it wasn't so hot. I can't wait until their apple festival in the fall.

That was our Tuesday. I love it when we have fun things to do. The boys are so easy to please, they're pretty much happy with anything we go out and do. I love getting out of the house, too. I hate that it's so hot, but I know once it cools off, it'll only be a matter of time before we'll have the opposite problem and it'll be too cold to go outside, so I'm trying to take advantage of the summer weather and just work with the heat by going out early in the morning or places that have plenty of shade. 

No comments :

Post a Comment