Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend

Saturday we took the boys to get their 1 year old pictures done. We usually take them to PictureMe studios because they usually have great deals and we think one of the girls that works there is great with the boys and usually gets some good pictures. We've had somebody else there before and we were happy with how the pictures turned out then too. The girl we had yesterday was new and didn't seem to have much experience with taking pictures or with kids. She was very, very nice, but we were very unhappy with how the pictures turned out. We had several coupons that I received in through email since we've been there so much the past year, and one of them was for a free picture and photo shoot, we just ended up using that so we didn't have to pay any money out of pocket. I am so disappointed, but we've decided to get them redone with somebody else. We're going to schedule the shoot for the weekend after their birthday and I'm so excited to get some new pictures done. If the weather is nice, we might have them taken outdoors.

Saturday afternoon, Greg kept the boys while I drove to Xion Crossroads which is about 30 miles from out house to pick up a play kitchen we found on Craigslist. (I told you I was addicted) We decided to make a list of high cost items that we want to get for the boys that we don't mind getting gently used. We're going to start checking Craigslit for those items on a regular basis and when we find really good deals, we'll go ahead and buy it and save it for Christmas, Easter, etc. Well, the first day, I found a great deal on this play kitchen. We had considered making our own since most of the play kitchens we've found are either girly (with lots of pink) or really expensive. When I found the one that I loved for less than 1/2 the cost, we had to get it. I wanted to give it to the boys for Christmas since I think they have enough for their birthday, but it's so big, there's no where to really store it to surprise them with it at Christmas, so we'll go ahead and get it out for their birthday. It came with 100+ pieces of food and kitchen items, so I have to wipe down the entire kitchen with clorox wipes and then clean each toy before Thursday, I have my work cut out for me.

We were all going to drive down together to get the kitchen, but I had a feeling it wouldn't fit in the back, but Greg swore it would. He called the seller and asked and they said it would. I didn't want to get all the way there and find out everybody was wrong, so I insisted on just one of us going. Greg said he'd rather stay home with the boys. So, I enjoyed an hour and a half by myself with my music blasting on my relaxing drive. Luckily, I went by myself because this is what the car looked like on the drive home. You know, it never gets old being right all the time. ;)

Sunday morning, we got up and got ready to go to church. I've been excited about "church shopping" since the boys were born and have spent a lot of time on the Internet and talking to different people about the churches around here. I have a list of several churches that I think might work for us and we're going to start trying to go every Sunday until we find one that is a good fit. The first one we're trying out is downtown next to the University. I thought going closer might be easier, especially when I'm trying to get two, very active boys ready to leave by a certain time, but it's important that the church be a good size and have plenty of activities for us and the boys to get involved with. The churches close by are a little small, so we're trying out some bigger ones that are a little farther away first.  We got there early and took the boys to the nursery. The volunteers in there were very nice and welcoming. The service was an hour and I really, really enjoyed it. Greg prefers a more contemporary service and this one was pretty traditional. After the service, we picked up the boys and were told that they did very good.

After church, we ran some errands, I finally ordered the boys smash cake and I'm so excited to pick it up on Friday and see how they turned out. I cannot believe the boys are turning 1 this week. I also made 3 different tomato recipes to eat on during the week. We had so many tomatoes from our garden and it was either cook several recipes or throw them out. So, I made the roasted tomatoes with angel hair pasta for the 3rd time this month, it's easy and I think it's delicious, so I don't mind. I also made two recipes I found from Gina's Skinny Recipes, a tomato red wine vinaigrette dressing and a garden fresh tomato sauce. Next year I'll have to plant more of a variety of vegetables. so I can make something besides tomato recipes.

I hope everybody had a great weekend. I cannot believe I didn't get any pictures--especially of the boys' first day at church. :(

No comments :

Post a Comment