Friday, August 12, 2011

Our Week So Far

Monday morning I took the boys to Pen Park for a meetup of the MOMs group. It's my favorite park, so anytime the MOMs group meets there, I try and take the boys. It had rained the night before so the grass was a little wet so the boys got filthy. I pushed them in the swings for awhile and let them play on the playground equipment and then laid a blanket out on the grass so I could talk with some of the other moms. The boys were all over the place--anywhere but our blanket. They loved other people's blankets and crawling in the damp grass, but had no interest in being on our blanket.

Here's the boys taking off

Tuesday I took the boys to an infant playgroup. There was a big turnout and it was nice meeting some other moms. I think the boys really enjoyed playing with new toys and all the other kids that were there.

Here's some pictures of the boys playing at home that day. Evan stands so good now and is cruising like a champ.

Wednesday, the boys and I met my friend, Robyn, for lunch at Panera. The boys shared a grilled cheese kids meal and yogurt. It was nice to catch up since I haven't seen much of her this summer because of busy schedules. The boys did good, although it's definitely not as easy meeting friends for lunch as it was when they used to just sit in their carseats and sleep through our entire outing. I meant to get some pictures, but carrying two boys, a diaper bag, a purse, and a bag for our high chair covers, I just didn't have any room to carry a camera. If only I had a JoTote that carries a camera and the things I need from my purse. (Hint, hint--Greg, I know you read my blog :)

Thursday, I took the boys to Yoder's to meet up with some moms in my MOM group. We always have a great time when we go. Both boys had fun petting the goats (even Carter). The weather was so nice, so we set up a blanket on the grass and I was able to talk with the other moms while the kids played. After the boys went to bed, we watched "The Fighter". I had high hopes for this movie and was a little disappointed, it was good, but not great.

Evan is so happy, he loves to clap whenever he gets excited.
Haha, Carter does not look thrilled in this picture, but I promise he had fun.

These are some pictures I got at home. Apparently the new thing for the boys to do is to climb into the basket in their playroom. Evan usually gets stuck.

I had a great coupon for Bath and Body Works, so we went by and stocked up on handsoap earlier this week. They already have their fall collection out. I had to restrain myself. It's still summer, so I bought some summery scents like "Summer Vanilla" and a few others. Seeing the Halloween ones really made me excited for fall though. I also picked up this little impulse buy at the register. It's a pocket antibacterial hand gel, I also carry some with me, but the scent is Peanut Butter and Jelly!! I love it.
I also got these iron-ons in the mail that I ordered from Etsy. I love personalized shirts, but it's hard to find ones that aren't too expensive. They are usually 18-25.00 a shirt plus shipping and handling, and times that by two, it adds up. I found these personalized iron-ons for a GREAT deal. I'm really hoping they work out. I love the boys to have fun, festive shirts for holidays and special occasions. I got them one for Thanksgiving, a couple for fall since we do lots of things like The Apple Festival, pumpkin picking, etc. I also got a few football ones in UGA and one set in Tennessee for them to wear on our next trip to Tennesee. I am so excited. I'm going to iron one on a shirt this weekend, and if it works out fine, I will be stocking up on these suckers. Since I'll be putting them on white t-shirts, I found some long sleeve shirts in different colors at Target for $4.00, that I think would look cute under a white t-shirt in the fall. I can coordinate the colors of the stickers with the long sleeve shirts. Obviously, I've been thinking a lot about this. I actually already have it planned out in my head what they are wearing to the pumpkin patch--and it's 2 months away. I hope Greg realizes how lucky him & his wallet are that we didn't have twin girls.

Greg's off today and we're taking Evan to get his first haircut. The boys have their 1 year pictures tomorrow, which I'm very excited about.

I hope everybody is having a great week.

No comments :

Post a Comment