Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Playdates

Monday morning, the boys and I went to our first Moms of Multiples playgroup. There were 3 other moms there, the host had boy/girl twins that turn 2 next month, one mom had girl twins that turned two in December and the 3rd mom had boy/2 girl triplets that turn 2 next week! There was one mom with twin boys a few months older than Evan and Carter that wasn't able to make it. It was so much fun. Even though the boys were the youngest ones there, they did fine. The host had so many fun toys and the boys had a blast playing. We were there for 2 hours and only left because it was getting really close to the boys lunch/naptime. Normally, we have to leave because one of the boys decide it's time to go. :) It was so nice to get together with some other twin (and triplet!) moms. There are so many things about being a mom that are universal. There's some things that all moms, whether they work, stay at home, have one or 10 kids, have boys or girls, etc understand. Actually, I think most things about being a mom are universal, but there's some things about being a mom of twins that only other moms of twins understand and it was so nice to get to talk to them. This playgroup actually meets weekly, so I'm really looking forward to getting to be a part of it. The boys had a blast too, so it's going to be good for all of us.

Here's the boys playing at the playdate on Monday.


The boys eating their snack Monday afternoon. This is what Evan decided to do with his bowl when he was done eating.
 
Of course, it's monkey see-monkey do around here, so Carter had to try it.

Today, we met my friend Robyn and her daughter Aubrey at Yoder's for a playdate and lunch. Robyn and I used to work at the doctor's office together and we were 2 of the 3 girls that were pregnant at the same time. Aubrey was born the same day as the boys, their first playdate was in the hospital when we walked down the hall to visit Robyn in their room. :) Aubrey was such a sweetie and talking up a storm! She could say so many different words and phrases. She also has chickens at home and her babysitter has a goat, so she was a pro with the animals, it was so fun to watch her feed them and pet them. The boys saw her feeding the goats, so they decided they wanted to also. (they've only fed the chickens) they thought the goats licking their hands was so funny! Aubrey even inspired Carter to pet a chicken! I love how they learn from watching other kids. Well, I love them learning from other good kids doing good things, I should say. We're looking forward to some more playdates now that the weather has warmed up.

I like to "spot" the boys as they climb up the ladder and go down the slide because they've slipped on the ladder before (with me right there to catch them, luckily) but they do NOT like me "spotting" them at all. They both will tell me "no" as they go up and if I get too close to them, they will remind me that they are big boys now. I was with Evan at the chickens, and Carter thought he'd run off and try and get up the ladder real fast before I could get over there. They think they're such big boys now!




 Aubrey feeding the goats.




Swinging like big kids. a







I love playdates and now that the weather is getting warmer, it really gives us so many more options on places to go and things to do.

No comments :

Post a Comment