Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend Recap

**I had the hardest time uploading these pictures, they are completely out of order, but I can only update my blog when the boys are napping and don't have time to fix them**

Thursday night, I had a MOPs meeting. We only have 2 more left and then we take a break for the summer. I'll miss our monthly meetings. I love doing something with other moms, other than playdates, it's nice to get to sit and relax and actually talk with other moms. Playdates can be so crazy, especially chasing after two toddlers, it's nice to do something every once and a while where we don't have to worry about that.

The boys love to wear their pajama pants on their head, they think it's so funny. This is how Evan spent most of the day on Thursday.


Thursday and Friday, I took the boys to the gym while Greg was at work. It was my first time taking the boys to the gym by myself. Normally, we go as a family, but we weren't going to be able to go after Greg got off, so I went earlier in the day. I was a little nervous, but the boys did great. They cried for the first minute or two, but before I had even left the nursery, (but was out of view) they stopped and started playing. Friday night, we rented "In Time" and really enjoyed it.

I love capturing little moments like this. They thought it was so funny to feed each other and share their milk. It's so sweet when they share like this.
Is this not the funniest face!? haha

Saturday morning, Greg and I drove seperate cars to the mall and let the boys play in the play area to burn off some energy. After they played, Greg took the boys home and I went to a traveling consignment sale. I have a list of items that I've had since last summer, of things that I wanted to get the boys for this summer. I've been searching Craigslist, asking other moms in the mom's group, checking Goodwill, etc. I also had a few items like Stride Rite shoes in "like new" condition that I wanted to look for. I went in with a mission and as soon as I walked into the doors, I got so confused! I'm not cut out for consignment shopping. It was a huge sale with so many things and the other moms there were very serious shoppers. Some were in pairs and working as a team. I walk in and get totally distracted by the toy and book table. There were so many great deals, but the boys don't need anymore toys and we're going to a book fair next weekend. But, like I said, I get confused, and I couldn't stay focused on my list and ended up buying the boys several things that were NOT on my list. Oops. I did get the boys a pair of brown sandles that are going to go great with the things that I got them for spring/summer. AND they were on my list. yay! But, I also got a Melissa and Doug puzzle (which actually was a great deal and they love (and fight over) the one they have) a Little People Barn that I was going to get them new for 39.99, I got it for $7.00!, another Melissa and Doug puzzle, and a huge bag of Mega Blocks. They love playing with their blocks and making towers that are taller than they are, so I figured they could use some more blocks. After I got home, I went online to list a couple items on Craigslist and I saw one of the items I've been looking for. An outdoor Little Tikes playhouse. I've been checking Craigslist since November for one and have not had any luck. I didn't want one of the smallest ones, I needed one that easily fit two kids inside. I had a couple of favorites in mind that I really wanted and one of those was this Little Tikes Picnic on the Patio playhouse that costs $300.00 new.

I found it on Craigslist for $75.00!! So, I immediately contacted them and they got back to me right away. We (and by we, I mean Greg) cleaned out my car, took the boys carseats out, put the seats down, and Greg went to get it. I'm so excited to have this house for the boys. I want to be able to spend a lot of time outside when the weather warms up, and the boys love these houses. I think it'll get a lot of use this summer. There's a couple of more items that I still want to get, but this was one of the main ones and the most expensive and I'm so glad that we were able to find it for a great price.

The Little People barn I got at the consignment sale. I've always wanted to get one of these for the boys and they love it!

Carter playing with the new barn.

Do you think they have enough blocks now?

Here's the rest. And yes, that's a pink Mega Blocks wagon. I saw it at Goodwill, brand new, never opened for $1.95!!!! The boys had a couple of blocks that came with other Mega block brand toys (like their tractors) and love them, so instead of paying 29.99 for a new one that was blue, I bought the pink one. That was while my mom was here, and they've played with those blocks so much. We've definitely got our money's worth. Normally, I wouldn't buy the boys pink things (not that it matters, really) but for $1.95, I had to.

Sunday morning, we decided to go to the 8:15 service, it was Greg's morning to sleep in, but he got up early and we all got ready. It was a little rushed, but we all got dressed, loaded in the car and to the church on time. We got into the nursery, only to find out that they don't offer the nursery for the 8:15 service, only the 9:30 and the 11:30. While we were loading back into the car, a sweet older lady offered to keep our kids in her Sunday School classroom while we attended the service, which I thought was so nice, but we decided to just go back to the 9:30 service. When we got home, Greg took advantage of the fact that my car was still empty and vacuumed it out for me. Then he got dressed again and we headed back to church. The boys did great in the nursery and even colored some pictures that we got to bring home. These are the first pictures they've colored and I can't wait to do something special with them. (Pinterest, here I come) I went to the grocery store during the boys nap and stocked up for the week. After the boys woke up from their nap, Greg took them to the gym and I met a couple of people off Craigslist and sold a couple of items that the boys no longer use. I had an hour in between meeting each person, so I spent a little time in ULTA and TJ Maxx. I love going through a store and just browsing, it's something I don't get to do very often anymore, so it was so nice to stop and look at pointless things that I didn't need. We all met back at home and had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. It's messy, so of course the boys loved it!

I wanted to get a picture of the boys with us before church, but after taking a picture with Daddy, they didn't want him to put them down. So, no picture with mommy. :( I was chop liver this weekend, they were both little Daddy's boys the whole weekend!

The boys' things from the nursery at church. So cute!!



Carter watched Greg the entire time he vacuumed out my car. He would not leave that window.

Sunday evening the weather was calling for less than 1 inch of snow, I think right before I went to bed, it was 1-2 inches. We woke up this morning to no snow and a list of things that we were going to be doing in town, but pretty soon it started coming down. The weather changed from 1-2 inches, then 2-4, and then 4-8. I think when it finally stopped, we had about 5 inches (according to my very reliable and scientific way of "eyeballing" it and also going by what other people in this area were saying on Facebook) ;) So, we had to cancel our plans of going to our first moms of multiples playgroup, but luckily our friends live next door and came over for a playdate at our house. I was so glad that we still got to have a playdate and some social interaction today. The boys got to paint for the first time! Carter was more interested in eating a banana that he saw from his high chair, but Evan seemed to really enjoy it. and it wasn't nearly as messy as I had envisioned. After a fun morning of playing, the boys are now taking a good nap.

These are out of order, but this was how it looked after a few hours of snowing.

This wasn't taken that much earlier than the first picture, it was coming down fast!

What it looked like just minutes after it started.


This was an hour after it finally stopped, you can already see that some of it's melted off the deck.

Evan, my little artist.


This was right before we started painting. Notice they're both wearing their shoes? They love to have their shoes on. And notice how Carter is sitting very close to the bananas--his favorite food? He noticed them right after we started and was not interested in painting, he had to have a banana. They're both obsessed with bananas, but especially Carter. We buy a set (bunch?) every other day!

So, that's pretty much what we've been up to lately. I hope everybody had a great weekend.

1 comment :

  1. Looks like a great weekend. The playhouse is a big hit with kids.

    Your kids are beautiful. God bless them.

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete