Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weekend Recap

Greg had Friday off, so we enjoyed a nice, three day weekend. Friday, we ran some errands in the morning and then came home so the boys could take an early nap. When we were all sick, I found a house cleaning deal on Living Social. It was a great deal and we had our appointment on Friday to get the house cleaned. The girls got to the house about 12:45, so we woke the boys up and took them out to Mexican for lunch, then to Snip-It's to get their hair cut, and to the park, and then home. It was so nice coming home to a clean house. Everything was done--dusting, mopping, vacuuming, the bathrooms, etc. It takes so long to clean the entire house and with the boys, it's not always possible to do it all at once. So, I have to clean it in sections, which I hate. I love having the entire house cleaned at once.

This is our trick to get the boys to leave the park without fussing. :)


Saturday, we woke up and headed to Harrisonburg which is about 30-45 minutes away to go to the Green Valley Book Fair. It was opening day for the year, which is supposed to be the best day to go because it's the day with the biggest selection of books. The boys fell asleep on the way there, and it ended up being the only nap they got all day. When we got there, we saw it was a madhouse, so I went in and got some books, I had a couple in mind that I wanted, but was hoping to browse a little while I was there, but it was so crazy, it was impossible to browse. I was really happy with what I got the boys though, and it was definitely worth the drive up there. On the way home, we stopped at a park to let the boys stretch their legs before the drive home. It was a wooden castle that looked really fun. The ages on the sign said 2-5, but I can't imagine the boys being old enough to play on it at 2. We didn't realize this until after the boys started playing on it, it just didn't seem safe for their age. We let them go down the slide and then pushed them on the swings for awhile and left. When we got home, we put the boys down for a nap, but they weren't having it, so we decided to go ahead and do our grocery shopping for the week. After we got home, the boys played really good until we put them to bed. I guess they had a lot of energy stored up after being in the car all day.

They're so cute when they're sleeping!


This is the park we went to. It's really cool and is perfect for older kids.





The books I picked up at the fair.

Sunday, we planned on going to church, but because of the time change, we slept later and just didn't get ready in time. So, after breakfasts and some play time, we ran to Target. We wanted to take the boys somewhere fun, but everything was closed and it was too cold to go to any of the parks. So, we decided to take them to Petsmart and let them look at the animals. They looked at the birds, cats, gerbils, fish, and then we went over to the dogs being groomed and they watched them for a little while. I did feel a little weird treating Petsmart as our own personal zoo, but the boys loved it and it gave us something to do. When we left, one of the employees had a HUGE german shepard and let the boys pet him. It was so cute to to hear them laughing and giggling when the dog licked their faces. They weren't scared at all to pet him and they were so gentle. I'm so glad that they love animals. I remember taking them to the county fair last year and Carter wanting no part of the petting zoo, so I'm glad they're past that.

At Petsmart


When we got home, we fed the boys lunch and all 3 boys went down for a nap. I took advantage of the time and went out and did a little shopping. There were a million things that needed to be done around the house, but I was really in the mood to go shopping. There's a few projects that I found on Pinterest that I want to do, so I got the stuff to do those, but I can't blog about them yet. :( They're not gifts, really, but I want them to be surprises, so I'll have to blog about them later.
After the boys woke up from their nap, we let them play outside in the yard, went for a quick walk, and then took them to the park.


The boys aren't the only ones who enjoyed the park. Here's Greg swinging.

That pretty much sums up our weekend. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment