Friday, March 30, 2012

Show Us Your Life-Moms of Multiples

It's Show Us Your Life over on Kelly's Korner and this week's topic is Mom's of Multiples. I love participating in SUYL. I also love reading blogs of other mom's with twins, so I can't wait to see who all links up! I wasn't exactly sure how I should do this post or how much detail should go into it, so I decided to do a little overview of everything.

I found out I was carrying twins in February 2010. I knew there was a chance since they run in my family, but it was still a pretty big shock. I was very lucky and had a great pregnancy. I gave birth to two, healthy boys on August 18, 2010. We knew immediately that they were fraternal and not identical. They look very different, a lot of people tell us that Evan looks like Greg and Carter looks like me.

The boys newborn pictures. Taken by Kris Grimes


And one of my favorite pictures of them!

I started following a couple blogs of other mom's with twins right after the boys were born. I've found a lot of great twin blogs. Although I enjoy reading any blog about multiples, my favorites are those with boy/boy twins that are older or the same age as mine. I like to see what I have to look forward to, and it's also nice to read those around the same age because it's nice to hear others going through the same things you are.

The boys 1 year pictures, also taken by Kris Grimes


I think a lot of things about being a mother are universal. It doesn't matter whether you have a lot of kids, just one kid, boys, girls, etc. some things, we all just understand and can talk about. But, there's some things about twins that nobody understands except for other mom's of twins. I love talking to other moms of twins because there's things that they just "get" that other moms don't. It's nice to have that support system, even if it's just through emails with moms that live in other states. I think it's so important to have other moms that you can talk to that understand what you're going through.

The boys around 15 months old.

My boys are now 19 months. They are definitely all boy! They love to run, climb, play with trucks, blocks, etc. They both love animals. It's so fun to see the bond they have. Everyday, they seem to play together better and interact more. They both still look completely different and have their own, unique personalities, but they like to keep us on our toes, so they're constantly switching traits. They are always surprising us.There is never a dull moment with these two. It's definitely getting easier as they get older-just like everybody with twins told us it would.

A couple of pictures from this past weekend.



I love getting in touch with other twin moms, feel free to email me samantha (dot) westover (at) hotmail (dot) com. I can't wait to see all the other twin mom blogs that link up today.

1 comment :

  1. Hi Samantha! I found you at Kelly's Korner, and I too am a mom of 19 month twin boys! Your boys are absolutely precious, and it sure is nice to find other moms with twin boys!

    Alyson

    ReplyDelete