Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Valentine's Ideas

I haven't posted in a few days because things around here have been pretty boring. The boys had runny noses and a little cough over the weekend and Greg had to work Saturday, so we didn't do much. Monday, our playdate got cancelled for the second week in a row because all the kids were sick (ear infections, coughs, runny noses, etc). There has been something going around and we are so lucky nobody in the house got anything more than a little cough and runny nose.

I've decided that I want to make the boys valentine's that they hand out in school this year. I've been on Pinterest getting several ideas and wanted to put all those ideas in one place so I can have a couple of people look at them and give me some feedback. So, I'm doing a post on all the valentine's that I'm considering. I'm going to have the boys each give out a different Valentine, so I'm going to be picking two of these. Feel free to let me know which ones you like best. :)

I went through hundreds of ideas on Pinterest and most were either way too girly or included a treat that we can't use due to Carter's peanut allergy. :( I'd love for at least one of the valentines to be a treat that's not food.

I like this one because it's simple.



 


 All kids like fish, so that's the reason I'm considering this one





 


I LOVE this one, but I don't know if the girls in the boys class will.

This one is cheap and easy
Superhero lollipops, perfect for boys to give out.
This one would be so fast and easy and most kids like lollipops.
This one is one of my favorites for Evan to give out because he likes dinosaurs. I think it'd be nice to do something that's specific to each boys' personality.
Another quick and inexpensive idea
I found frogs at Walmart, an 8 pack for 97 cents.
I love this idea, but I found a pack of tractors at Walmart that I'd like to use instead. But, I don't know if tractors would go with that saying as well and I'm not clever enough to come up with a cute saying using tractor in a valentine. But, if anybody else is, please help. Carter loves tractors and that would be a cute valentine for him to give.
This is my hands down favorite. Some other sayings they had were "you dropped the bomb on me" and "I can't fight this feeling anymore" how cute is that! They had an 8 pack of soldiers WITH parachutes at Walmart for 1.97, so I think this would be cute and inexpensive, but I don't think 2 year olds will appreciate the use of song titles as valentines sayings as much as I do.
Kids love playdoh and this would be something all the kids would probably like (unlike the frogs or bug valentines)
I just think this is cute. I'd use skittles as the candy.
I think this is cute and a different type of food than the typical candy (lollipops, etc) that are usually given. It's a mix of teddy grahams and gummi bears.
This would take longer, but how cute are those robots!?
When are smore's not a good idea?! ;)

So, there you have it. These are the ones I've narrowed it down to.

No comments :

Post a Comment