Thursday, February 7, 2013

Our Week

Monday morning, we went to our first multiples playdate in several weeks. It was good to get together and see everybody. The boys had a great time and didn't want to leave.
I feel like I say this a lot but the boys are such best friends, every day they play more and more together. It's so cute to watch them. I love seeing the things they come up with to do.
The boys, especially Carter, love waffles and could eat them morning, noon and night (and some days, they does) so I try and get new flavors when I see them. I've never bought the chocolate chip waffles, but I did pick these up for the boys this week. The box was gone in a day! They kept asking for more, I think they each ate three for lunch.
I've caught the boys doing this a couple of times. They always offer the other one a bite of what they're eating, even if they're eating the exact same thing. Sometimes, when we have somewhere to be, I have to seperate their high chairs, because they'll spend the whole time sharing, feeding the other one, asking "bite?". It's really cute, but when I saw this, I had to get a picture of it.
The boys got some Valentine's in the mail from their Grandma and Grandpa Westover and they have carried those cards around everywhere! They wouldn't even put them down to eat their candy that came with them. We went to the park the other day with our friends and Carter had to spend some time with the baby. He said hi, and rubbed his blanket. The boys also like to share their food with their toys. And I had to get a picture of Evan eating pizza- he loves it. (Carter, not so much) and that night he ate a huge slice and then asked for some more.
The boys know the word "coffee" and know that it's just for mommy. When I finished drinking a cup the other day and sat the empty mug on the ottoman, they pretended to drink it. They were so cute. They kept making gulping sounds and saying Mmmmm...., yummy coffee. haha.
Wednesday, is our day off. Mondays we have a playgroup, Tuesdays and Thursdays the boys have preschool, and Greg is off every other Friday. So, Wednesdays are our free days to do whatever we want. The boys played with play-doh, colored cards to mail out, and we went to Chick-Fil-A and played for a little over an hour. The boys were so good, that I was actually able to go grocery shopping with them and get everything I needed.

Wednesday afternoon, I made Paula Deen's baked spaghetti to bring to a mama friend with a new baby. Since I was making one for her, I decided to make one for us for dinner too. The boys were so good! There was a lot of prep to do, then browning meat, and cooking the sauce, and I was able to do it all and the boys played so good. I also got salad, garlic bread, red velvet cookies, and itty bitty bottles of wine to take over with the baked spaghetti. I love planning and cooking and it's nice when I get to bring it to somebody else because then I don't have all the calories from it. :) Oh, and I'll share the recipe later this week, it was AMAZING!!

Of course, I gave all three boys a cookie before I packed them up. The boys were so excited. Greg and Carter when in the basement making a fort and Evan saw the cookies and I said he could have one, but he needed to tell Daddy and Carter they could have one too, and he ran downstairs saying "Cookies Everybody, cookies!!"

The boys really love bath time lately, I don't get many pictures of them in the bath, but they were playing a little game they made up and it was just too cute. Carter would fill up his shovel with water and pour it into a shovel that Evan was holding and Evan would throw the water out of it and they just kept repeating it and giggling. They also love their bath letters and like naming the colors. I got some color fizz tablets at the store that you put in the bath and it colors the water. They love telling me what color bath they want that night. As you can see, they wanted yellow. The yellow water grosses Greg out, but they asked for it and I couldn't say no.
 
That's what we've been up to this week so far. Tonight it's calling for more snow--boo! But, hopefully we can find some fun things to do this weekend to keep us from getting cabin fever.

1 comment :