Sunday, February 3, 2013

Weekend Update

Friday, I decided to take the boys to Chick-Fil-A in the morning while Greg was working. It's too cold to play outside and we were getting bored around the house. So, we went up there about 10:00 and it was the perfect time, it wasn't busy at all. I had a coupon for some free chicken minis, but the boys weren't interested, they just wanted some fruit and chocolate milk.

They love the cups of fruit there.

The boys played for over an hour in the play area. There was another little girl in there for awhile with them and they played really good with her. I knew this was going to be a fun place for the boys when they got old enough. Evan  has liked the play area for awhile, but Carter just got brave enough to climb up things like this a few weeks ago, so they had a blast.

I just sat in there and watched them play. It was nice to be somewhere new, our house is getting boring, I feel like we've spent a lot of time there lately.

They took frequent chocolate milk breaks.


Another thing I did with the boys was let them help me make pancakes. I had a mix I got from target that you just add water, so I let both boys take turns stirring the mix for me. They thought it was the best thing ever! They were so excited. After I made the pancakes, they devoured them. I think helping me mix them up made them more interested in eating them. I've heard that kids that help in the kitchen eat so much better, but the boys have just been too young to help, but I think they're capable of doing some little thing now.

Carter wanted me to take a picture of him, he kept saying "cheese!"

It snowed this weekend. Not too much, we were still able to get out to run our errands.

The boys have had this stuffed bear since they were babies, it says different phrases and Carter was playing with it over the weekend and I got the biggest kick out of watching him. He was so cute. The bear would laugh and say that tickles and Carter would laugh and say "tickle, tickle" when the bear said "You're wonderful" Carter said, "thanks" haha. Then, the bear said "hug me" and this is Carter hugging him.

Some of the snow we got.

the boys love hearing stories and they each have their favorite books and favorite parts of stories.

We had to get creative this weekend since it was too cold to play outside. We took the boys to Petsmart to look at the fish and birds Friday night and they had a blast. Saturday, we went to the mall play area and the boys were not interested, they haven't played there the past several times we've gone, they want to walk around the mall. So, we walked around for awhile and then left. We took the boys to a different pet store after that and let them look around. They had the best time. There was a bird that was in a cage that you could stick your finger in and so the boys got the biggest kick out of me sticking my finger in the cage for the bird to nibble on. I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of any of that. We ended up swinging by Petsmart again on the way home because they were having dog adoptions and let them pet the dogs. They are so sweet with animals and I love seeing them pet them and get excited to see them.

Well, that was our weekend. I think everybody here is past being sick. all the moms and kids in my moms groups had it, we all got it, and I think everybody is finally past it. Our multiples play group is meeting tomorrow for the first time in several weeks. Yay!

No comments :

Post a Comment