Sunday, February 3, 2013

Superbowl Sunday Recipes

Since it's Superbowl weekend, I decided to try out some new appetizers that I found on Pinterest. I thought they all turned out really good.

Sausage and Cream Cheese Crescents

16 oz breakfast sausage (I used spicy)
8 oz cream cheese (I used 1/3 fat)
2 containers of crescent rolls

Brown the sausage and drain. Mix the sausage with the cream cheese. Unroll the crescent rolls and cut each one in half lenghwise. Put sausage cream cheese mix in middle and roll up. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes until golden brown.

Rotel Cups original recipe from here.
3 pkgs. mini fillo shells {in the frozen aisle}
1 can Rotel, drained almost all the way ( I used hot)
6-8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled (the original recipe calls for a bag of bacon bits, but bacon bits creep me out)
1 1/2 cups shredded colby & monterrey jack cheese
1 cup mayonnaise

In a large bowl, mix together almost fully drained Rotel, bacon bits, and mayo until blended. Add in the cheese and stir until mixed. Fill the shells with the mix and then bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.


Jalapeno Popper Dip

6-8 slices of bacon, diced and cooked crispy
2 8-oz packages of cream cheese, soft
1 cup of mayonnaise
4-6 jalapeno's, chopped and deseeded. 
1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup diced green onion

Topping:
1 cup of crushed crackers ( I used Ritz)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 stick of butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350.
Combine all of the ingredients into a medium bowl. Stir well. Transfer dip to an 8x8 baking dish.
Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle all over the top of the dip.
Bake the dip for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly
 
 

A couple of notes. I only grabbed one roll of crescent rolls, so I had a lot of extra sausage and cream cheese mix. So, I added a can of drained rotel and we ate it as a dip. It was delicious! With the jalapeno popper dip, the cracker topping was too much. We didn't like it and next time, we'll just skip the topping. We had tons left over, so I defrosted some chicken and cooked it for about 20 minutes, then spread the leftover jalapeno popper dip on top of the chicken and cooked it for another 20 minutes. It was delicious and tasted almost exactly like my jalapeno popper chicken.

And I can't do a blog post without a picture of the boys. ;) it's Carter reading a story to Evan. So cute!!

No comments :

Post a Comment