Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fall Days

My mom and sister, Caroline, came to stay with us for the weekend. They were planning on coming up about once a month anyways to see the boys, and this weekend was perfect because Greg has to work. He doesn't have to work weekends very often, but when he does, it's long days and late nights and it's always hard on him since it usually means working 12 days in a row. It was hard on him before we had kids, so I know this weekend and next week are going to be especially tiring for him.

My mom and Caroline got in yesterday afternoon. We spent some time with the boys, they've changed so much since Caroline was here over Labor Day weekend and even since my mom was here two weeks ago. I cooked dinner. We had a frozen Bertolli meal. This is my new favorite thing. They're these frozen meals that are made for two people (I made two bags for us last night). All you have to do is open the bag, put it in a dish and bake. It's so simple and the one that I've tried was so delicious. You can pair it with some garlic toast and a bag of salad for such a quick, easy, and delicious meal. I'm all about quick and easy now that my time is limited. After dinner, we fed the boys, gave them their baths and put them to bed.

This morning, Greg got up and went to work at 6:00am and I was able to get a little more sleep since my mom helped out with the boys. Her and Caroline kept and eye on the boys today so I was able to get some housecleaning done. Then, we dressed the boys in their cute, Halloween outfits and took them on the front porch for some fall pictures. We tried taking pictures last weekend and it didn't work out. We had much better luck today. Evan wasn't really in the mood to pose or smile, but we still managed to get some really good ones. Carter was hamming it up for the camera. We got some of each of them seperate but the ones of them together didn't turn out as good as the ones of them alone. Greg was supposed to get off at 2:00 and we were going to go to a pumpkin carving party at our friends house while my mom and Caroline kept the boys, but he ended up working late and didn't get home until after 5:00, so we decided to skip the party. I picked up some pizza for dinner and while I was out I made a quick stop in Babies R Us. I had a good coupon and it was burning a hole in my pocket. I was able to get several really cute things for the boys in a very, very short amount of time (I was in and out in less than 10 minutes) and I got some great deals in addition to my coupons. Greg was so tired from working that he went to bed before 8:00 and I decided to handle the boys solo until about 2:00 or so (or however long I can last) so he can get some uninerrupted sleep tonight. He has to go back in to work tomorrow.

I'm disappointed that Greg has to work again tomorrow, but I'm sure me, the boys, my mom and Caroline will have fun and stay busy. Greg and I are going to try and go out for dinner tomorrow night since we have family here to keep the boys. A 'date night' is always nice, but we'll see if it'll work out since Greg may have to work as late as he did today.

Here's some pictures that we took today.

This was one of the very few that we were able to get of Evan that turned out good. We're going to try and get some more of him tomorrow.
We got several good ones of Carter today. I like this one of him smiling.
I love that he's looking at the camera.


My productive shopping trip to Babies R Us. A 5 pack of good bibs, 2 "My First Halloween Bibs" a pair of pants and two long sleeve Carter's onsies--all for less than $20.00.
Me & the boys
Carter & Aunt Caroline

1 comment :

  1. Adorable pics by the pumpkins!! Enjoy your two little cuties, you have your hands full!

    ReplyDelete