Sunday, March 6, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Crafts & Decor

I'm so proud of myself, I've completed the St. Patrick's Day crafts that I wanted to do in time to actually be able to put them out for a few weeks before having to pack them away and start on decorating for Easter. I've never decorated for these holidays before. I like doing it since it's the boys first, and since I'm spending more time at home now, it's nice to have the house feeling a little festive. I'm not going all out for these holidays, but it's nice to have a few things out. When the boys are older, I hope to do holiday crafts and things with them and have our own little family traditions for each holiday.

Here's the St. Patrick's Day crafts/decor I've put out.
One of my 101 goals was to have a different garden flag for each month, I love changing it out regularly, and I've been doing a good job on my goal so far. Here's my new St. Patty's Day garden flag and you can see our St. Patrick's day wreath also.
I wanted to do something very inexpensive for our foyer table. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a holiday that's really not that important. So, I wrapped ribbon that I got from The Dollar Tree around white candles and sealed it with a felt shamrock sticker, I got a pack that came with several for $1.00 at Joanne's. I used scrapbooking paper and alphabet stickers I already had to make the frame. I had a piece of red scrapbook paper with the word LOVE in the frame for Valentine's day.
I saw this fun scrapbooking paper at Micheal's last weekend and wanted to do something with it. I stocked up on $1.00 frames from the dollar section at Target a few weeks ago, so I figured I'd do something with one of them. I love scrapbooking, so this is like a tiny, mini scrapbook page. I think I'm going to change this out every month/holiday/season (whatever) with a new picture. It was so inexpensive and took me less than 5 minutes.

I've been wanting to try a topiary because I've seen so many pretty ones on other blogs. Most of the ones I saw were last month and Valentine themed, so I was so excited when I saw a St. Patrick Day Topiary. It was very inexpensive to make and didn't take too long. But, obviously, I need a little practice. Mine doesn't look anything like the cute ones I saw online and my bucket is cute, but way too big, I should have used a smaller pot or a bigger styrofoam ball. You can see my inspiration here.



I wanted to try these cute, little, St. Patty's day treats that I saw here, but I cannot find green twizzlers anywhere.

Anyways, that's my St. Patrick's Day decorations for this year. Time to get started on browsing other craft blogs for some inspiration for Easter. I tried a new recipe this weekend and can't wait to share it with y'all tomorrow for "Monday's Meals". I hope everybody is having a good weekend.

1 comment :