Friday, June 10, 2011

First Birthday Party

The boys went to their first birthday party tonight and had a blast. It was at 6:30 which is when they normally go to bed, so I was a little worried, but they were so good. My friend that I used to work with has a 1 year old daughter, Kylie & a 3.5 year old son named Kolby. When we got there, Kolby immediately welcomed the boys and started playing with them. He was very energetic which suited Evan just fine since he's also hyper, but Carter wasn't sure what to think at first. After a few minutes Carter warmed up and both of them were playing and laughing so hard at Kolby. They discovered new toys and places to explore and were just happy as can be. We took them outside to play on some blow up ball houses (I don't know what they're called) for a little bit, but it was so hot and humid, we couldn't stay out there long. After cake, we noticed that the boys were starting to slow down a little and started rubbing their eyes. So, we went ahead and brought them home. They started fussing in the car and then while I was putting them in their pajamas, making me think that putting them down was going to be difficult, but they fell asleep as soon as I put them down.

Tonight was a lot of firsts, first birthday party, first time being out after their bedtime, first time skipping the whole bath and bedtime routine--pjs, story, plopped them in the crib. I plan on keeping them on their schedule and sticking with our routine, but it's nice to know that the boys are flexible so when there is something we want to do, we can. The boys had so much fun playing and did so well it really makes me look forward to more playdates. It was much easier since Greg was there that we could both keep an eye on them and make sure they weren't getting into anything (like when Carter thought that Kylie's grandpa's plate of food was his for the taking) But, it's much easier now that they're crawling and social for them to play with other kids. It was also so much fun experiencing a 1 year old's birthday party. I cannot believe that will be us in 2.5 months. It's hard to believe.

I tried to get some pictures, but I kinda have to play with my camera to find out which setting works best in each situation so some of them aren't that great. After I finish "Water For Elephants" I'm going to read my "Nikon D60 for Dummies" so I can start taking some great pictures.

Carter. Look at that set up behind him. The theme was Pink John Deere and it was so cute!!
Evan's blurry in this picture, but I had to post it because this picture describes him to a "T"--right in the middle of everything just soaking up the attention.
The little blow up ball house thingy. They had a couple of these and some other great toys for the kids to play on.

Kolby playing with the boys
I love how Carter is laughing at him. Kolby had him laughing like we've never seen. He laughs at home, but nothing like he did around Kolby--it was so cute.
The birthday girl and her cupcake.
She didn't waste anytime, she dug right in.
Yum!!

No comments :

Post a Comment