Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weekend Recap

I already posted about what we did Friday night. Saturday we spent the entire day running errands. We stopped at Stix, a kebob shop for lunch. It's on the other side of town, so we don't go very often, but it's so yummy!! We decided to eat there since they had high chairs. Lately, we've been trying to give the boys a taste of what we're eating. They're actually not up during most of our meals (I eat breakfast and lunch during their naps) so we gave them a piece of pita bread. They seemed to like it. We decided to be brave and gave them both hummus, Evan loved it--he likes pretty much anything we give him (except sharp cheddar cheese) Carter--not so much. By the end of the meal, Evan was eating rice, hummus, and the sauces that came with it--including a spicy red pepper sauce that he really liked!! Carter stuck with his pita bread. We went to Target, Babies R Us, Sam's Club, Kroger, etc. We got home and played with the boys and I made a grilled zucchini, tomato, and basil salad to go with our steaks for dinner. I got to use the basil I've been growing in our kitchen window and it was really tasty. After the boys went to bed, we watched "Middle Men". This week was Greg's week to pick the movie. It was ok, but I'm definitely looking forward to my week to pick the movie again. My movies are always better. ;)

Here's the boys at Stixx.
 
Mmmm....hummus.
Eating Pita Bread

Today we were able to get a lot done around the house. Greg did some baby proofing, we got some laundry done, I was able to clean the house, and I was able to make some goodies for the girls I used to work with. Anytime I see something that I want to try but it's fattening (like brownies) I make them and then take them to the girls I used to work with. I get to try a new recipe out since I love cooking but Greg & I don't end up eating it, it's win-win. I saw these brownies at Family Fun.com for a father's day gift idea. I thought they were so cute and would be a great thing to bring to a bbq.

We also got our first tomatoes off our tomato plants. I was so excited!! This is the first year that we've had a vegetable garden.

So, overall a good and productive weekend. I hope everybody else had a great weekend.

No comments :

Post a Comment