Sunday, August 30, 2015

CFA Firetruck

There are several Chick-fil-A's in our area and they all have several fun activities for the kids throughout the month. A lot of the time, the activities are either at night (which is usually inconvenient for us) or on a day the boys have school or their summer program. So, after their summer program was over with, I decided to take the boys to one of the activities before school started. The Chick-fil-A in North Augusta (in South Carolina) was having a firetruck come that the kids could explore, so I took the boys.

This was after the Touch a Truck and I wasn't sure if the boys would be that interested in it, but they were. Firetrucks never get old to little boys.  

They got to sit in the back and try on some of the gear.

There were a couple different vehicles. Here's Carter, checking out this one.


All the kids got to climb on the back and play with this hose thing and they loved it.

Carter waving at me! Haha, I got so tickled when I noticed he was waving because I was getting a picture of Evan and didn't notice Carter waving at first.


Carter's turn to climb up and check things out. The boys thought this was the best part of the experience until they got down and found out what they were doing next.

The firefighters decided to turn on the water and let the kids hold the hose. This really made the boys' day and they are still talking about this.

How cool is that?!

Carter turning the hose on, he didn't want help doing it.



Afterwards, I got the boys and ice cream and let them play in the play area for awhile before heading home.

Evan doesn't have time to bother with spoons.

I'm glad we were able to make it to this event before school started. There will still be things to do, in the evenings and weekends, but I'll miss these weekday activities we liked to do.

No comments :

Post a Comment