Monday, March 9, 2009

Busy Weekend

So, this weekend we decided to paint the dining room. We've been wanting to do it for awhile now but we just never got around to it, then a month or so ago we went to see our friend, Bill's new house. In the first weekend he practically painted the entire place and it looked great. Seeing how much he got done in such a short time really motivated us, we realized how little we've done and how much we need to do. So, we went to Lowe's and bought some paint to finish the living room and to paint the dining room. I only painted an accent wall in the living room when we first moved in, but Greg likes the color so much that we've decided to paint the whole living room. We have sort of a wine theme in the dining room, with pictures of wine, a wine clock, and a wine rack so we wanted a color that would match that. We were debating between green and bordeaux. We went with the bordeaux and love it!! I'm so lucky to have a husband that isn't afraid of fun colors. We're going to have to put on a second coat and do some touch ups next weekend, but I decided to go ahead and post some pictures so you can get an idea of what it looks like. I think we're going to go with a light brown/cream on the below the chair railing and in the family room that's attached to the dining room.

BEFORE:Photobucket

AFTER:Photobucket

The weather was so nice this weekend! It was perfect shopping weather. I went out to Madison to a store called "Yoder's" to look around. It's such a fun store, it's mennonite owned and everything is fresh. They have such a unique variety of items. I went up there to pick up some of their hot cocoa marshmellows. These things are so good and so inexpensive. I usually buy the 25 calorie packs of hot cocoa and they don't have marshmellows in them so I just add my own.
Photobucket

I also discovered a scrapbooking store in Madison, less than 10 miles from our house. It's called Handcraft House (www.handcrafthouse.com). They have workrooms, classes and lots of scrapbooking and card making material. I'm very behind on my scrapbooking, so just going in there and seeing all the examples and fun scrapbooking material inspired me to come home and do some scrapbooking.

No comments :

Post a Comment