Monday, February 21, 2011

Ninja Babies

The boys have recently mastered the skill of rolling over effortlessly. Evan now uses it as a means of getting from point A to point B. Carter will only do it when nobody is looking. The other day I had to run upstairs and grab something. I placed Evan on the middle of the blue blanket, ran upstairs for a minute or two and came down. This is where I found him.


I stood there for several minutes to see how far he was going to go and he didn't roll over, he just stayed in the same spot. I finally turned around for less than a minute and when I turned back around, he had rolled over a few more times.

Carter is even more secretive when it comes to his moving about. Last Friday, I placed him in the middle of the baby gym to let him play. Evan woke up from a nap, so I went upstairs to get him. I came back down and Carter was in the exact same position playing with Sophie. I didn't get a picture, but I took one of just the baby gym and where Sophie is kept. How did this happen? How did he get her and back in his original position before I came downstairs?

I wish I had better pictures to show you, but Carter was in the middle of the baby gym with his head the the end closest to the couch. You can see how far away Sophie the Giraffe is and that there's a mesh net in the way, but he managed to get her and get back to the exact position I left him in. I realize this may seem like no big deal to some people, and it wouldn't be to me if I ever actually got to see him doing things like this. But, the fact that they are so secretive about their movements really has be going crazy. I'm now on a mission to catch my ninja babies in the act of rolling. ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment