Sunday, May 6, 2012

Weekend Recap

We had such a great weekend. It's been so nice spending time with my mom and sister and I'm so glad that the the boys are getting to spend time with their Mamaw and Aunt Caroline. Saturday morning, me and my mom took the boys to a yard sale at a preschool close by. I knew it was a bad idea since we didn't really need anything and I'm the worst at turning down a good deal, but I went anyways. The stuff was priced so cheap and all the proceeds went to the preschool, so I got a few things. Actually, a few big things, we weren't able to fit it all in the car. Luckily, we ran into some friends of mine--one who happens to live next door, and they put a few of our things in their car for us. I'm really glad we went. I did get a few toys for the boys that they definitely didn't need, but I also got a few items to have for when Greg's family comes to visit us this summer. We needed a few baby items for our niece, so I was able to get those for super cheap. After our trip, we came home and let the boys play outside. It was cloudy and rainy pretty much the whole weekend, except for Saturday morning, so we wanted to take advantage of the little time we had outside. The rest of the weekend we spent relaxing and playing with the boys. I did get a couple of errands ran, and Greg and I had a nice lunch date today. It's been really nice, but tomorrow, I really need to take advantage of having two extra people here and get a few things done. The boys are obsessed with Mamaw and love aunt Caroline, so I'm pretty much chop liver right now anyways, so might as well be doing something productive. My to do list is super long and I know I won't be able to get everything done, but I'm hoping to make a pretty good dent in it. Here's some pictures I took over the weekend.

Evan playing with his t-ball set. We got the boys some fun outdoor toys and the weather was so nice for a couple of weeks and then it got cold and now it's been rainy and nasty for several days in a row and is calling for rain all week. I'm really looking forward to some warm, sunny weather.

I don't know why, but both boys think touching the trees in the backyard is so funny.




I love having the fence around our yard. The boys can run around and explore and I don't have to worry about them.

I got the boys these fun, hard hats at the yard sale (which I disinfected as soon as I got home). They were only 25 cents each!!! The boys LOVE them. I think they're so cute.

Evan's picture is blurry, but I wanted to include it anyways.

I got this Little People garage/firestation thing for $2.50 at the yard sale. It's really big and had several Little People, a fire truck, police car, a swing, a moving road, see saw, etc on it. The boys love everything Little People. The boys have spent a lot of time playing with it this weekend.

Greg gave me my mother's day gift tonight, he couldn't wait and thought I might want it early so I can use it while my mom and sister are here. It's a lens for my camera. When I took my photography class a few weeks ago, the instructor stressed that if we do anything, it should be getting this lens. I'm so excited and can't wait to use it. All the pictures on my blog lately have been from my iphone and I can't wait to take some pictures with my camera and new lens!

One of the things on my to do list this week is to paint the boys rooms. We're switching their rooms around upstairs (switching the computer room and evan's room) and I'm putting up new paint, decor, etc. After 4 trips to Lowe's, 5 paint samples, and several discussions I finally decided on a color for the boys' rooms. I actually finally decided on the top color, but Greg loved the bottom color so much, he convinced me to go with that one, so I am. I'm so excited to paint their rooms this week.

We've taken everything off the walls to patch up the holes. I've also had paperwork, magazines, coupons, etc. piling up for months that I need to go through. It started around Christmas when the boys got sick and we didn't have a lot of extra time and then it kinda seemed to just keep piling up until it was out of control. Before I can paint, I have to get everything organized and cleaned up.

This is a picture I got from Target, it's for Carter's room. I can't wait to get their rooms finished and share them on the blog. I'm going to take plenty of before and after pictures.

I got started tonight putting things into piles and organizing my stuff. Not the best project to start in the evening, now I want to stay up all night and get it finished.

I love having time to just hang out and catch up with my mom and sister and I also love that feeling from getting some things accomplished. This weekend has been a good mix of both, although I probably could have been a little more productive. I'm hoping to make up for it this week by getting some things marked off my to do list.

No comments :

Post a Comment