Sunday, May 20, 2012

Weekend Recap

We had a pretty busy weekend. On Friday morning, we ran to Target with the boys, got Carter's hair cut, watched my friend's daughter while her and her husband went to lunch, and after the boys nap, we took them to the park.

Greg loves letting the boys walk wherever we go if we're together. The boys love the freedom and it gives them a chance to get out some energy. Here's the boys walking from
Target to Snip-It's.

Isn't she a doll!? Don't you just want to pinch those cheeks?! She's about 5 months younger than the boys. She's so laid back and easy going. It was a piece of cake watching her.

The kids eating lunch.

We haven't been to Spring Hill park in a long time, so we decided to go there after the boys nap. We were planning on going to the gym, but we just had to take advantage of the nice weather. I'm glad we did because it's calling for rain this week.

The boys love to hang out of the swing like this. They'll just drape over and stay like that. I don't know how it's comfortable.

Another kid showed up and was playing, so the boys were checking her out.

The boys wanted to go on the big kid part and since there was nobody else there, we let them. Evan went down the tallest slide without any hesitation. He has no fear. This slide is so tall!

Saturday morning, I went to Ikea with my friend while Greg kept the kids (and her husband kept her kids) We're very lucky to have husbands that don't mind watching the kids while we go shopping for the day. Ikea is about 2 hours away, so we left about 8:00 and got there when they opened and got home about 3:00.

I was looking for something for our basement for our tv. Right now it's sitting on Greg's old computer desk. I want something with lots of storage for dvds, games, etc. I really like this set up.

I love Ikea. I wish I had taken more pictures, especially for inspiration later. I love this frame and how they put several pictures in it.

I got this shadow box in black. I have so many ideas for it (thanks to Pinterest) I'm going to have a hard time deciding what to do with it.

I got the boys a new play rug. The backing is coming off the used one I got on Craigslist and makes such a mess on the carpet. When I found this one at Ikea, I decided to get it to replace the old one.

I've been wanting a tray for next to the kitchen sink for my dish soap, bottle brush (I use it on the sippy cups) and drain stopper (I don't usually have a sponge out). I wanted more of a rectangle one, but all the ones I saw were too long. This one ended up working out fine and doesn't take up much room.

My friend, Brandi got me this print for Christmas off Etsy and I still hadn't framed it. I saw this red frame at Ikea, so now I finally have my Georgia print in a frame. I love that it's red. I have so much black furniture in our house, and lots of frames and decorative items come in black, but I like having other colors to stand out on the black furniture.

While I was taking pictures of things that I got at Ikea, the boys got up on the ottoman and got comfortable for an episode of Fresh Beat Band.

Aren't they so cute!

We decided to grill out for dinner and while Greg grilled, I played with the boys in the backyard.

They like playing with the water table even when there's no water in it. They would slide their pirates down the slide and play with the buckets, etc.

 I was clipping coupons the other day and right next to a Frank's Red Hot coupon was a recipe for a buffalo sauce to put on burgers. It's called Red, White and Blue Topper. It's so easy, just mix
¼ cup frank’s red hot, ¼ cup mayo, 4oz cream cheese, softened, and ¾ cup blue cheese. It can also be used as a dip or topping for chicken. Today, we ate some of the leftovers with celery sticks.

Today was errand/cleaning day. Greg got up with the boys and when I woke up, he immediately went out to mow the lawn. After he got done and showered, he fed the boys lunch while I cleaned all the bathroom. I showered and then while all 3 boys napped, I ran all our errands. I went to Target, Sam's Club, Kroger, and Harris Teeter. When I got home, we both unloaded the car and put the groceries up. Then, he took the boys to the gym while I prepped food for the week and got dinner ready for the boys. When he got home, I fed the boys dinner, vacuumed and dusted downstairs while he showered. After the boys got done eating, he played with them while I dusted and vacuumed upstairs. After the boys went to bed, I did the dishes while he did laundry and heated up leftovers. After we ate, he watched "Rome" on dvd and I swept the hardwood floors, mopped, took everything off the kitchen counters and wiped them down, wiped down all the stainless steel, and then printed some things for my household binder and organized that to get ready for the week. I am worn out. I feel like I hardly saw Greg at all today because we basically kept switching off with the boys in order to get things done. I feel so good to have a clean house, our menu planned out for the week and all our groceries bought, our laundry done, etc.

Here's the only picture I got today (that wasn't blurry) the boys watching Greg mow the lawn.

I hope everybody had a great weekend.

No comments :

Post a Comment