Sunday, September 16, 2012

Orzo with Parmesan and Basil

A couple of nights ago I decided to make "Melt In Your Mouth Chicken" I've made this before, but I wanted to try it with Greek yogurt instead of mayo to make it healthier. I thought it still had a really good flavor. Of course, the version with mayo is better, but this version is still good and it's the one we'll be going with from now on, I think.

I decided to try and new recipe that I saw on Tasty Kitchen for a side dish. I love orzo and since I needed to get parmesan cheese for the chicken, I thought this would be a good way to use the rest of the parmesan cheese. Greg and I both loved it and since it was so easy to make, I will be having this again soon.

Melt In Your Mouth Chicken

Ingredients
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup greek yogurt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Mis together, spread over chicken breasts, bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.

Orzo with Parmesan and Basil

3 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups orzo
3 cups chicken broth
6 tablespoons fresh chopped Basil
1 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Melt the butter over medium heat. Add the orzo and saute for a few minutes, until the orzo starts to get golden brown. Add the broth and cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until all the broth has been absorbed. Remove from the heat, add the basil and Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.


No comments :

Post a Comment