Monday, November 5, 2012

Braided Spaghetti Bread

I saw this recipe on Pinterest. I gave Greg a choice of about 5-6 things to have this week and told him to choose two. He chose this as one of his choices. I was a little worried about the bread because I've never worked with bread dough before, but it was super easy. It smelled so good while it was baking and Greg and I loved it. I think it could have used a little fresh garlic, but that's the only thing I'd change. We'll definitely have this again.


Braided Spaghetti Bread

Ingredients

1 Loaf Rhodes™ Bread Dough or 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature (I couldn't find this brand of bread dough and didn't want to deal with the dinner rolls, so I just got the Kroger brand bread dough that came in a pack of 5)
6 ounces spaghetti, cooked (I used a whole box)
1 cup thick spaghetti sauce (I used a whole jar)
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 egg white, beaten
Parmesan cheese
parsley flakes

1lb hot italian sausage

Instructions

Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Roll loaf or combined dinner rolls into a 12x16-inch rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 10-15 minutes. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and let cool slightly. Remove wrap from dough. Place spaghetti lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down center of dough. Top with sauce and cheese cubes. Make cuts 1 1/2-inches apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2-inch of filling. Begin braid by folding top and bottom strips toward filling. Then braid strips left over right, right over left. Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid. Lift braid with both hands and place on a large, sprayed baking sheet. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Bake at 350°F 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and slice to serve.

I made the entire box of spaghetti and sauce, then I measured out two containers for Greg to take some to work for lunches, then I just put whatever was leftover on the bread. I didn't feel like it was too much. I also couldn't find grated parmesan cheese, so I used shaved, which worked out fine.



No comments :

Post a Comment